EIT EPG working yet ?

wally007

wally007

Ive been watching Emby Live TV forums for couple of years, waiting for proper EIT EPG source to be added (to native Live TV source )

I havent seen it mentioned recently - does this mean its been added awhile ago and working or people gave up and its not coming in near term ?

(i dont want to be dealing with xmltv nor my own eit->xmltv scraper. Im using dvblink with mce now which has eit epg source working flawlessly from both DVB-S and DVB-T and Im looking at streamlining the system - not to make it more complicated)

Thanks for your time

Edited by wally007

wally007

Hi @@wally007, this is a possibility for the future.

What kind of hardware tuner do you have? Thanks !

I have couple of HDHomerun Connect Model: HDHR4-2DT (DVB-T) plus Dreambox dual tuner for DVB-S.

I know Emby doesnt support Dreambox natively and Im willing to drop it in the new system (or use plugin , if family wont be happy)

wally007

well im using dvblink -> mce right now and its solid and stable. there is no reason to replace mce unless i can get something in return (ie. reduce the complexity and true server->client - which is biggest selling point)

With plugin, i have to maintain OS, backend, plugin and Emby. No way.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. When its available i will test it, but reading Emby Theater forums - it seems even front end isnt as good as MCE yet (managing the recordings )

I have family of 4 to support and if i replace MCE, the new system has to be better and easier to use than MCE.

Edited by wally007