ET and a few issues

rliepins

rliepins

I just updated ET to 2.5.34.  I have a few issues to discuss.

When I play a DVD rip, the menu comes up, but I am unable to select an item.  Simply pressing Play does nothing.  I see the DVD menu options, but cannot navigate or select.

Also, during playback, there is a transparent grey bar at the bottom with the RR, Play and FF and a green dot.  But it won't go away if left alone for a while.  I expect the menu when activity from a remote occurs, but it doesn't go away as expected.

The final item is the Guide.  It is better than previous versions, but still not as smooth as WMC.  I also see the same play bar that won't go away as above during DVD playback.   I also would like it to start where I left off from a previous view of the Guide.  Is there any way to configure the behavior?

Thanks again.  ET is just getting better and better.

Hi, can you take a screenshot of the gray bar? 

we have not yet implemented dvd menu support. thanks !

rliepins

The bar in question is the active media tool. It either comes up when the mouse is moved or when a media function is selected from the remote.  I think I found out the issue, though.  I have an active mouse via my iPhone which makes the system think the mouse is always active.   Problem solved on that one.

587121b69d9f3_Capture.jpg

I do have an observation about the guide.  When scrolling through and want to get 50 or 100 entries down or so, the entries on the screen freeze and the audio tics keep coming.  This may not be a problem and simply a function of keeping within a buffer limit.  But it would be nice to mimic the guide behavior in WMC.  Using blocks of pages of guide info that is kept in active memory might lead to a better performing guide.  It seems to be a crap shoot where we go within the guide when scrolling through many entries.  Are there any plans to work on guide performance?

funwithmedia

When I play a DVD rip, the menu comes up, but I am unable to select an item.  Simply pressing Play does nothing.  I see the DVD menu options, but cannot navigate or select.

If you want full DVD menu support then you're going to want to look into configuring an External Player. I'm a fan of VLC personally:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43054-considering-emby/?p=402646