Mi Box audio issues and Live TV issues

pr3dict

pr3dict

So I've been trying to trouble shoot my VM crashing issues and stumbled upon another issue in the process.

On this Mi box a few things happen:

• When Direct playing Live TV to VLC there is an audio issue like its all garbled and out of sync.
  • When trying to transcode Live TV to the internal emby app it doesnt work the app actually says "too many errors so we stopped haha"
  • When Transcoding a movie the audio is all garbled and out of sync as well....

I've changed the bitrate settings from everything from auto to 3mbps and still no change.

Also, after googling around I saw another forum that said the Mi box could possibly have an issue with ac3 audio? I'm not sure if thats what is going on but something to maybe look into. Attached are the logs....

Emby server log 171105.txt

emby transcode log 160105.txt

mastrmind11

I have a Mi Box and only experience the Live TV issue (and I believe the devs are aware of it).  The only other issue I've had is with DTS audio, which is a limitation of the box itself.

pr3dict

Isn't that box kind of a knock off?

I mean there are really only 2 options for Android TV now that the nexus player has been discontinued. The shield and this thing. They sell this at Walmart for $70. There is a thread on it a few threads down comparing it to the fire TV and for the most part they are the same except there are volume buttons on this.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

Isn't that box kind of a knock off?

A knockoff of what?  It's true ATV, and does really good job for the price.

It is a real Android TV box but definitely has its shortcomings.  The most notable is that DTS does not work on it even though it is advertised that it should.  If they can fix it in the future with firmware updates then it has potential but, for the best performance and reliability of things just working, nothing can really touch the Shield.  It costs almost 3 times as much though.

pr3dict

So should I return for a fire TV in the mean time? Roku works perfect except the interface is still not on par, though I've seen that you guys are working on that as well...

Is there anything in the logs that I submitted that shows why the live TV wouldnt play?

mastrmind11

It is a real Android TV box but definitely has its shortcomings.  The most notable is that DTS does not work on it even though it is advertised that it should.  If they can fix it in the future with firmware updates then it has potential but, for the best performance and reliability of things just working, nothing can really touch the Shield.  It costs almost 3 times as much though.

Completely agree.  We'll see what kind of guts the airTV has when it's tested/released.

mastrmind11

So should I return for a fire TV in the mean time? Roku works perfect except the interface is still not on par, though I've seen that you guys are working on that as well...

Is there anything in the logs that I submitted that shows why the live TV wouldnt play?

It's definitely working for me, so there's an issue in your stuff.  I'll have to check your logs tonight when I get home, they're too big to download at work.

pr3dict

It's definitely working for me, so there's an issue in your stuff. I'll have to check your logs tonight when I get home, they're too big to download at work.

My logs are always big [emoji28]

pr3dict

This could be the ffmpeg bug too. You can try the beta version of the app.

I'm ready for the beta. How do I grab that

I'm running Debian if that matters

Edited by pr3dict

maegibbons

A knockoff of what?  It's true ATV, and does really good job for the price.

I have both a Fire TV and MI BOX 3 4k 2G/8G and they are very similar in terms of charachteristics.

I think i prefer the Fire TV as it also has Prime and dedicated fast forward and rewind buttons.  The contra to that is the MI has volume control!!!!.  The FF/RW for me just about wins.

I have the same two issues on both boxes which I have seperate threads Open for.

1)  When I play IPTV LiveTV both cannot play direct and both fail to automatically transcode.  I have to press "!" once only to get them to play Trans/V

2)  When I try and play UK "Freeview" Radio channels from HDHomerun just get spiining disc.

However, apart from these two issues which I am sure ebr will get to grips with they are both excellent boxes and similar prices here in the UK.

So everything else works ok. Just gotta get the settings in terms of directsream/VLC and audio right.

Krs

Mark

pr3dict

I have both a Fire TV and MI BOX 3 4k 2G/8G and they are very similar in terms of charachteristics.

I think i prefer the Fire TV as it also has Prime and dedicated fast forward and rewind buttons.  The contra to that is the MI has volume control!!!!.  The FF/RW for me just about wins.

I have the same two issues on both boxes which I have seperate threads Open for.

1)  When I play IPTV LiveTV both cannot play direct and both fail to automatically transcode.  I have to press "!" once only to get them to play Trans/V

2)  When I try and play UK "Freeview" Radio channels from HDHomerun just get spiining disc.

However, apart from these two issues which I am sure ebr will get to grips with they are both excellent boxes and similar prices here in the UK.

So everything else works ok. Just gotta get the settings in terms of directsream/VLC and audio right.

Krs

Mark

are you using it with the usb-ethernet adapter or wifi?

I  The most notable is that DTS does not work on it even though it is advertised that it should. 

DTS does work on it with SPMC. Don'y understand why neither Emby nor Plex can accomplish it.

optimalt

DTS does work on it with SPMC. Don'y understand why neither Emby nor Plex can accomplish it.

Yes. DTS works just fine with Archos too.

Because that program is written in a native language for the base underlying OS.  It isn't actually entirely an Android app so it doesn't depend on Android services.

It also includes items that are not necessarily properly keeping up with what needs to be licensed.

DTS plays as PCM 2channel with VLC.

DTS starts to play as DTS with MX player then the mi box freezes and reboots right away.

DTS plays as PCM using emby internal player.

Dolby the video plays at increased speed and gets choppy out of sync audio with internal emby player,with VLC Dolby movies play fine.

pr3dict

DTS plays as PCM 2channel with VLC.

DTS starts to play as DTS with MX player then the mi box freezes and reboots right away.

DTS plays as PCM using emby internal player.

Dolby the video plays at increased speed and gets choppy out of sync audio with internal emby player,with VLC Dolby movies play fine.

thats almost what i see. makes sense as live tv is dolby if i remember correctly... I got a fire tv to replace the mi box and its been working flawlessly.