Media not loading in libraries

MickyG1989

MickyG1989

Hi,

New to posting on the forums, but a regular Emby user.

Emby Server version: 3.1.2.0

Emby App version: unsure (latest update on Google Playstore)

Ever since 3rd January 2017 I have been unable to watch anything using Emby. Nothing is displayed in the two folders that I have (Movies and TV). I have removed and added each folder several times, restarted the Emby Server, and scanned the libraries several times to no avail.

I have attached screenshots showing the screen that I get when trying to watch media.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. If you require any further information please let me know.

Kind regards,

Michael

post-128173-0-91342100-1483650219_thumb.png

post-128173-0-91792400-1483650233_thumb.png

post-128173-0-62231100-1483650243_thumb.png

The unhandled was just Windows denying access to the port. If you had just restarted Emby Server this can happen once a while where it takes several minutes to release the port.

Anyway, can you explain a little how exactly you're running the server? I notice network paths to the executable in the command line. Thanks.

Command line: \\A-PC\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: False
	64-Bit Process: False
	Processor count: 2
	Program data path: \\A-PC\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: \\A-PC\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System

@@Happy2Play have you ever tried that?

Happy2Play

Looks like OP made a bad short cut to run the server, looking at the other local paths in the log.

To me there is something wrong with the libraries, as Emby is not seeing/watching them.  Can you post a screenshot of one of your libraries setup,

2017-01-05 20:18:10.0985 Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory C:\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default

Interesting enough I just made a network short cut and started Emby on a different computer than installation, without issue besides being slow.

MickyG1989

@@Luke,the setup is a bit of a weird one, I've got 2 NAS boxes with the media content, and a server which has a virtual machine that is running Emby.

I used to use Plex, which I could install on the NAS directly, however the NAS I use isn't supported yet by Emby.

If you need anymore information let me know.

@@Happy2Play unfortunately I'm unable to provide a screenshot at the moment as the main server is off. I'll add one tonight.

So you have the emby server files on the VM and you're launching Emby Server by browsing to the network directory and running the executable? is that correct?

MickyG1989
Okay, so, I've managed to get it working.

Don't know why I didn't try it previously, but, I uninstalled the Emby Server and have reinstalled it.  Ran a Scan Library which has worked, and added all my media back in.

Checked on home network access which worked fine, and also used my mobile phone to test using mobile data, and that also worked fine.

Thank you all for your help, and very speedy replies.

Kind regards,

Michael

thanks for reporting back. I think the issue was the running it over the network as opposed to logging into the VM and executing it. When you run it from another machine, the local application data folder is on the other machine so it ends up looking for data files in the wrong place.