How to add my movies/shows to my emby library collection?

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

This is starting to irritate me. I already have a collection of my own movies and tvshows on harddrives on my media computer. I am trying to use embr to organize them and be able to access them on other computers. 

Problem is, i have no idea how to actually add my files and put them IN embry to access them. 

So i start here with attached file 1 Move onto 2, then 3, then 4. When i get to 4, i have no idea how to actually add the media files. I click on the + next to Item and i get the message in attachment 5. Search for them where? What right click menu? I just want to make simple play lists of media i already own. 

post-178028-0-10372300-1483544039_thumb.jpg

post-178028-0-25996900-1483544047_thumb.jpg

post-178028-0-06304400-1483544048_thumb.jpg

post-178028-0-89038500-1483544048_thumb.jpg

post-178028-0-53673700-1483544197_thumb.jpg

Tur0k

So, in my emby server I had to add the media location and then there is a scheduled task that scans the locations. Do you know if the scan has occurred?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to setup your library in the server dashboard.  The startup wizard should have given you a chance to do this as well, did you skip it or setup a library?

Please see: Library setup and then let us know if you still have questions.

Progeekzy

OK thanks. I found that. Right now scanning my library. Hopefully making the playlists will be a tad bit easier after this lol.

Progeekzy

So i added ont of my drives in the dashboard and its taking forever. I understand my collection is rather big, but at first the greeen bar zoomed over half way then it hasent moved in about a half hour. Is this normal and i should just let it to its thing? 

Tur0k

It took a while for me when I first started too. After that you only have to scan for change so it should run faster in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k

• 4 years later...

Okay, so here's my problem with getting my media on to Emby: just like @Progeekzy, I have shows on a hard drive & I also have an Emby account. My problem is, I think I "forgot" to create a media library server when I first signed up, due to my friend wanting to simply share his content with me from his server. I don't think I can go back and create that aspect to my account, so I'm wondering: could I create a secondary account WITH a media server...? Let me know, please!

Just now, KaiJager said:

@ebr Please read my above query and answer if you are able to...

Hi.  Cayars answer above is correct.  You do not need any account to install a server.

The thing is, I accidentally... skipped... that particular part of the process.😟 And, yes; I do have the download...

Edited by Yuuriyu

Skipped what part of the process?

Did you install the server?  If not just install it now.

During the setup there is a optional screen that allows you to link an Emby Connect username to the first account created.  If that is what you meant you skipped it's optional and can be added at any time.

Let us know if you did install the install the server previously or not.
Also if you know the user name you created and can login with it.

If not we can help you remove the current config so you can install it fresh.