ANDROID TV WHAT'S NEVER

TVPLEX

Good morning to all.

It is the first time I write and after coming from the plex world I was pleasantly surprised to emby although the virtues like the flaws that I am going to relate consider them important:

Hit

Navigate perfectly through the menus with the remote control

Perfect streaming of series and movies in mp4 codec format (h-264 - 5.1 aac)

Tv live using external player (mxplayer) None of the two android applications is able to open them tv channel format (h-264 - aac) by browser open at the moment

Important faults:

Open live tv channels compatible with the html5 format

Quick change of server. (Very important) becomes very slow and desperate

Go out and choose another

Open live tv channels compatible with the html5 format

Sorry, I don't follow what you are asking here...?

Quick change of server. (Very important) becomes very slow and desperate

This actually isn't something most people do a lot but all you have to do to change servers is use the "Log Out" button on the home screen and then, on the next screen, there is a "Switch Server" button.

good morning

I think we have not understood, so I will try to explain the defects that I see

Defects :

1- It is assumed that this application is designed for android tv therefore its operation will be performed with a remote control.

2 - It is very uncomfortable to leave closing session every time I want to change servers.

The normal would be to have a direct access where you can change comfortably as you do with the android.

Hits: We all talk about live tv but if it is comfortable set up to use an external player by default type mxplayer and for movies, that of the application. I sincerely believe that in that sense it is the best applications.

By the way I think that after this latest update no longer automatically logs in

Thank you

Defects :

1- It is assumed that this application is designed for android tv therefore its operation will be performed with a remote control.

I don't consider that a defect.  That is exactly what this app is designed for.  If you are not using a TV with remote, you should use the Mobile app.

breezytm

I don't consider that a defect.  That is exactly what this app is designed for.  If you are not using a TV with remote, you should use the Mobile app.

Instead of having user logout to switch server @@ebr, you should instead consider adding a switch server button. The idea of login out to switch server doesn't sound user friendly and many would miss it and complaint that the feature isn't there. Just my two cents....

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, we do not understand each other. Actually I use a remote control and I connect to two servers and with this application is complicated to work because it is true that with a server saves the configuration of user input, although you close session but with two forces you to always put the user and password to choose. For the rest as I said before is perfect although it is missed that does not let put the order of the films by the date of addition

Thank you

I'm still a bit confused.  If you are switching between two different users, then how else would you do that other than selecting the user you wish each time?

And you can sort your movies by date in the "All Movies" view.  Simply select the sort icon at the top.

Same user different server one series other movies

That is still two different users as the users are local to the server.  There is no link between like users on different servers.

Perhaps you could explain a bit more about why you are setup this way and that will help us make better suggestions.  Thanks.

To not go around with the topic, what you lack or still do not have is a server switch for fast access between them
This option is already available in emby tv and emby android as in plex. You have to understand how uncomfortable it is when you have to change servers to access different content and everything working with a remote control. regards

You still have not explained why you need to switch servers to access different content while you could just set up Emby to access all the content from the same server.

Because the truth did not know that could be configured emby in such a way that all the libraries of several shared servers went out on one server. You could tell me where to find that information. I have a server for movies another server with series and another server with adults

How do I get all the content of a user out on the same server.

In plex that is not possible what it does is that you connect easily with each server.

Thank you

To not go around with the topic, what you lack or still do not have is a server switch for fast access between them

This option is already available in emby tv and emby android as in plex. You have to understand how uncomfortable it is when you have to change servers to access different content and everything working with a remote control. regards

Yes, right now you have to return to the user screen but this will be improved in an upcoming version.

Because the truth did not know that could be configured emby in such a way that all the libraries of several shared servers went out on one server. You could tell me where to find that information. I have a server for movies another server with series and another server with adults
How do I get all the content of a user out on the same server.
In plex that is not possible what it does is that you connect easily with each server.
Thank you

Browse to your dashboard and click Library in the menu on the left. From there you'll be able to add all the local folders and/or network shares.

So what you could do is create a library for your movies that points to all the folders that contain movies, create another one for series, adult etc. If you want you can then create additional users and limit (or not) the libraries they have access to.

That way you only have to run one Emby server.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks I tried the fast server change from the main screen and it is perfect but it still has the problem that it does not keep the user session open even if you have it configured automatically. So perfect

Thanks again

If you want to always automatically log in as a specific user on each server you choose, you can use Emby Connect and it will do that for you.

Thanks for the proposal I thought it would be possible to perform this function when in android mobile and other app emby do it correctly.

The TV app is a little different here because it doesn't remember the last logged in user but, instead, allows you to configure a specific user to automatically log in - but that one user is tied to a specific server as well.

This is different because the TV app will often be used in a shared family situation whereas the mobile apps are usually on personal devices.  When in a shared family situation, you wouldn't want the app to automatically go into the parent's adult profile (which was last used last night while kids were asleep) when the kids get up in the morning and turn on the TV to watch cartoons.

Hello EBR forgive me for telling you that I think you are confused in the concepts

If I have a single server and I do not have parental control activated for thematic or for hours, my children would come in the morning and see. I do not understand how anyone has ever thought of putting a pin to a library or adult channel to enter.

My children do not use it because they do not want to put user and password every time they change servers, that is, they want like in other applications to make quick change

I sincerely believe that as a super experienced user in plex you have a great app for my superior taste and removing some small failures in the reproduction with the live tv, trailer in the movies and most importantly what for logic by the familiar use I consider for convenience Primodial what you request.

Anyway thanks and forgive again just consider it as an opinion from the experience of always seeking the simplicity and comfort