Roku Emby App Can't Playback Music - But The Roku Media Player Can!?!?

Gaz

Hoping someone can please offer some advice on what I can do to try to fix this annoying problem I've had for the past few weeks.

When I try to play some of my music via the Emby Roku App they will play for a few seconds and then just stop with no error messages displayed on screen.

Doesn't matter if their mp3 or flac format, they just start to play and then stop shortly afterwards. It does the same on all songs within the same folder and also on other random individual music files across my entire collection.

I've rebooted my PC, my Roku box, and removed and re-installed the Roku Emby App and logged in/out etc and yet the same songs just stop after just a few seconds after starting.

I've had the exact same experience whilst trying to listen to the same songs using the Blue Neon Night themed Roku Emby App too.

Now if I go to the Roku Media Player and chose my Emby server and then select the same songs that the Emby Apps can't play they play absolutely fine!!

So what does this mean - does it help narrow down where the problem lies? I'm so confused because some music files play fine within the Emby Roku App but it honestly 'feels' that more of my music collection is starting to suffer with this 'start then stop' playback problem by the day!

All my storage media drives are fine with no errors, I haven't had any server updates or changed anything in the Emby Server config or the Roku Emby Settings menu, the same problem always happens when trying to playback the same songs.

Please- can anyone recommend something to try to see if this can be fixed?

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Gaz

Update: Ok so whilst I was waiting for some replies to my problem I swapped my 'System' folder from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server for the 'system.old' folder that I had a backup of. I then restarted Emby and it did a database 'upgrade' and I re-scanned my media library and all the songs that didn't work before now suddenly work again!!!!

Does any of this make sense to any of the devs as to what the problem could be?