Dumb question about Emby Theater..

pir8radio

pir8radio

Does emby theater auto update?  Is there somewhere I can see my version and current version out there? And is there a beta version somewhere?  lol  I'm sure all of these things are right in front of me....  I'm really just being kind of lazy....  Because I know you guys will answer faster than If I searched..  ^_^

mentasm

Currently ET updates each time you start it as it is in active development and there are lots of updates.  It won't actually start without an active internet connection.  I'm pretty sure you can see the version number in the setting section.  I'm not home at present so I can't check

Yes it does auto-update but it hasn't been updated in awhile. There is only one version of it which to me is in between alpha and beta stage.

Edited by denz

You don't need an active internet connection to run the app. The internet connection is used when available to update it.

The app is updated almost every single day. We only have to update the windows download when there are windows specific changes, like the video player for example.

mentasm

well it used to need an internet connection to start.  I remember having to reboot my router a few times to get it running.

Nope, no longer. We are using Chromium offline features that download and store everything locally and only use the internet for updates. The only time you need an internet connection is after the initial installation.

Guest asrequested

Nope, no longer. We are using Chromium offline features that download and store everything locally and only use the internet for updates. The only time you need an internet connection is after the initial installation.

I'm assuming that's to check subscription status? And once checked, it won't need to check again?