Vera plugin help

tp546

AH HA! There is the issue right there! alright it isn't the plugin code! It's the Vera.

That link should have done a reverse lookup on your Vera device and showed all the information about it!

What version of the Vera UI are you using? is it UI7?

Edited by chef

There is the issue right there! alright it isn't the plugin code! It's the Vera.

That link sdhould have done a reverse lookup on your Vera device and showed all the information about it!

What version of the Vera UI are you using? is it UI7?

No it's UI5

No it's UI5

"Well holy shit-balls!" I thought I was going crazy!

this plugin hasn't worked with UI5 for several months.

Now we know what is happening, we can do one of two things:

1. You update to UI7 (because it is actually pretty sweet, and the plugin works only with UI7)

this is easiest.

2. I build a version of the plugin that handles UI5. This isn't terribly hard to do, but you gonna have to help me because all the base class architecture is different from UI7, and I need to see all the JSON info that you get from certain links I send you.

What you wanna do? I'm down for either of them really...

"Well holy shit-balls!" I thought I was going crazy!

this plugin hasn't worked with UI5 for several months.

Now we know what is happening, we can do one of two things:

1. You update to UI7 (because it is actually pretty sweet, and the plugin works only with UI7)

this is easiest.

2. I build a version of the plugin that handles UI5. This isn't terribly hard to do, but you gonna have to help me because all the base class architecture is different from UI7, and I need to see all the JSON info that you get from certain links I send you.

What you wanna do? I'm down for either of them really...

Haha yeah, it hasn't worked for me at all but the other plugin used to work. I'd have to look into the process for upgrading to UI7 and what risks I am running in terms of compatibility and any potential problems I may run into. UI5 doesn't run that smoothly so maybe it's worth doing.

• Like 1

actually, if you don't mind making it compatible with UI5, that would be great and I can help. Most of the posts I read said that if you don't have to upgrade, you're better off not doing it.

• Like 1

Okay!

It's getting late now, but we should start first thing in the morning. could you please copy and paste the unit information that is returned by that link, and PM me with the JSON string. I need to start building classes tonight so we can get you back up and running by tomorrow.

And because it is a reverse look up on your system, best not post anything on this thread.

Okay!

It's getting late now, but we should start first thing in the morning. could you please copy and paste the unit information that is returned by that link, and PM me with the JSON string. I need to start building classes tonight so we can get you back up and running by tomorrow.

And because it is a reverse look up on your system, best not post anything on this thread.

Done. Thanks.

• Like 1

We had to remove it temporarily while we build a compatible version for Vera UI5. We'll have it back in the catalogue tonight.

@@PrincessClevage

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

PrincessClevage

Plugin is working great, except I can't get the pause un pause scenes to work on movie with ET to work, any one have these working?

P.s I'm using the same scene as start movie and stop movie for pause functions and the scenes work with start/stop movie

Alain Falardeau

@@PrincessClevage

same here... but while looking at the logs I saw an "event" or "command" when a movie starts which seems to trigger the plugin to run the MoviePlay scene... same thing for the MovieStop scene... but there doesn't seem to be any such status (or event or command) generated by Emby Theater when pausing a movie in order to trigger the PauseMovie scene??? So I assumed it's not possible at the moment? But I'm not a programmer nor a developer so what do I know? :)

Edited by Alain Falardeau

PrincessClevage

We had to remove it temporarily while we build a compatible version for Vera UI5. We'll have it back in the catalogue tonight.

@@PrincessClevage

Hi Chef,

Just curious if the pause u pause is some thing planned for future update ?

tdastrup

How do I refresh the plugin list? I must have installed Emby during the time this plugin had been removed from the catalog for development.  I'm assuming it has gone live again, but I still don't see it in the plugin list. I can't see an option anywhere to manually refresh the plugin list either. Am I blind? What do I need to do to get the plugin to display in the catalog?

Happy2Play

How do I refresh the plugin list? I must have installed Emby during the time this plugin had been removed from the catalog for development.  I'm assuming it has gone live again, but I still don't see it in the plugin list. I can't see an option anywhere to manually refresh the plugin list either. Am I blind? What do I need to do to get the plugin to display in the catalog?

"MiOSEmbyZWaveControllerCS" is in the catalog.

I'll look at the pause events.

Because emby doesn't really contain "pause /unpause" events trough the plugin API. You have to monitor the playback and check if the session is paused or not.

It isn't complicated but I was experiencing lights flashing during a paused movie so I commented out the code.

I will give it another go!

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

How do I refresh the plugin list? I must have installed Emby during the time this plugin had been removed from the catalog for development. I'm assuming it has gone live again, but I still don't see it in the plugin list. I can't see an option anywhere to manually refresh the plugin list either. Am I blind? What do I need to do to get the plugin to display in the catalog?

just restart emby server service (or app if that what's you run)

PrincessClevage

Because emby doesn't really contain "pause /unpause" events trough the plugin API. You have to monitor the playback and check if the session is paused or not.

It isn't complicated but I was experiencing lights flashing during a paused movie so I commented out the code.

thanks Chef!

PrincessClevage

Looks like the Chef has served up another great dish and the latest release is now working with pause and unpause/play with my system.

Thanks again Chef!

Edited by PrincessClevage

• 2 months later...
PrincessClevage

hi Chef

Since the last emby server update I seem to have lost my save profile in the Mios app. I have save a new profile but no scenes are triggering on the Vera unit. I have checked the scenes and can manually trigger them and they also display in ET app correctly. Is your app still working?

chef

I'm not seeing any problems here.

What does your plugin configuration look like?

"plugins\configuration\MiOsZWaveController.xml"