Convert Live Tv not working

eraser8
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

eraser8

Hi,

I already read that this feature seems to work for some people, but I wasn't not able to make it works for me.

Here is my setup:

- Emby Server on FreeNAS

- use separate HTPC machine to view and record Live TV

- Running ServerWMC on this machine. My recording directory is "c:\Recorded TV" on this same machine.

- The ServerWMC plugin in the Emby Server point correctly on the remote network sharing (on the HTPC machine shared "RecordedTV" share)

- I have access correctly to my recorded episodes throught Emby. So, the ServerWMC is configure properly.

- I configured the Emby server --> Live TV --> Setting --> 

-Default Recording path = (The local network mapping with the RecordedTV directory on the HTPC machine)

-Movie recording path = (My movie directory library (Local disk))

-Series recording path = (My TV Series directory library (Local disk))

-Automatic convert recordings to a streaming friendly format. (CHECKED)

-Convert recording to:  MP4

Do I need to do something else to activate this feature? Where am I supposed to see the converted files?

Is there a special Live TV guide that I can follow to configure it properly?

Thanks

• Solution

Hi @@eraser8, the recording conversion feature only applies to built-in live tv without the use of a plugin. So you would have to use Emby direct live tv without ServerWMC.

• Like 1

eraser8

Hi @@eraser8, the recording conversion feature only applies to built-in live tv without the use of a plugin. So you would have to use Emby direct live tv without ServerWMC.

Hum!!! This is a very good reason!!! Sorry to lose your time with this question!!