No longer able to play transcoded content???

jscoys
Go to solution Solved by jscoys,

jscoys

Hi all!

Little preoccupation and i need for your help : It seems that I'm not able to play any videos requiring transco from my Emby server. Don't know when it started happening, but one week ago it was working.

Here is my Emby Theatre log : https://expirebox.com/download/de91bc64aaed560124dd2c296ef42f0c.html

So :

- I click "play", if ET needs to transco, the transco starts on the server, a ffmpeg process starts well, but ET has the circle of death and nothing happens

- If I go on a movie description and a backdrop video is available and this one requires a transco, the video backdrop doesn't play

- Happens locally and remotly

- Videos doesn't requiring transco plays fine (Direct play)

- Works like a charm on IOS and Android, locally and remotly, Direct Play and Transco as well

- For FFMPEG side, I tried with Zeranoe build from 30/12, the Emby included version from the 08/05, with or without acceleration (NVENC) and same result alas...

Need help!!! Does anyone else experiencing this problem???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jscoys

Hi could you guys at least answer my post by saying if you are able to play content requiring transco with ET without problem? It would help determining if it comes from my configuration or if it's from ET. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logos302

The server will and does transcode to what ever the client will support.  I've never transcoded to ET but I have to other clients and don't see any reason to think that ET would be any different.  I'm surprised that you need to transcode anything with ET.  Maybe a log from the server as well, and the media information from file that is being transcoded.  

Edited by Logos302

• Solution
jscoys

Ok guys nvm, I changed FFMPEG path several times and it finally worked... I can't reproduce the problem, really weird. Anyway thx for your help.

ET rocks!