Emby 3.1.2 stop responding on http but Service still running

biour

Hello,

so the probleme is, that sometime (5 or 6time a day) Emby randomly stop responding on the http (8096/8920 ..) but the service is still up and running

● emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since lun. 2017-01-02 14:45:37 CET; 36min ago
  Process: 10198 ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/emby-server clear (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 10265 (su)
   CGroup: /system.slice/emby-server.service
           ‣ 10265 su -s /bin/sh -c umask $0; exec "$1" "$@" emby -- 002 env MAGICK_HOME=/usr/lib/emby-server MAGICK_CODER_FILTER_PATH=/usr/lib/emby-server/x86_64-linux-g

janv. 02 14:45:37 LEVIATHAN systemd[1]: Started Emby Media Server.
janv. 02 14:45:37 LEVIATHAN su[10265]: Successful su for emby by root
janv. 02 14:45:37 LEVIATHAN su[10265]: + ??? root:emby
janv. 02 14:45:37 LEVIATHAN su[10265]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user emby by (uid=0)

i've to manually stop/start it to make it working again. it often happen when i use tue auto organize but not systematically

server-63618965137.txt before (between infact) server-63618967582.txt after

Best regards

server-63618967582.txt

server-63618965137.txt

Edited by biour

@@biour, I'd like to try to narrow down why this is happening. As a test, can you please try disabling auto-organize and then let me know if the issue persists? Thanks !

i will (maybe during the Weekend!

what i notice also, it's when auto-organize miss or failed, after a moment it crash. or it crash during the auto-organize (succefull or not)

so far, disabled the function all the weekend + monday, no trouble at all.

activate it to organize, crash in 5 min.

you've got right!

thanks for the info. what kind of storage device is your watch folder on? and your media folder? how big is the file in the watch folder? i wonder if it's just getting overwhelmed by the file transfer. thanks.

folder was on a RaidZ1, file inside can be from 500MB to 4GB

it move to a RaidZ1 or RaidZ2 who can achive more than 300MB/S transfert.

so the folder was not empty (some file in it but not seen by the auto-organize) but work fine for the day.

this evening i try to add some Series by puting directly in the Series Folder and after 5min no response from emby (service up but no response again).

server-63619673171.txt

server-63619674864.txt

how long would the file transfer typically take? is it possible it is unresponsive only during the transfer?

typical transfert would be around second.10s for large, less than 1 minute for a 4GB file.

when it is "unreponsive" it's when doing nothing (mean no transfert).

Try clearing out the directory and adding a new file into it. maybe it was something specific to that file. additionally, remove the frontview plugin as it appears to be out of date and needs a compatibility update for the latest version of the server.