Skip to time or fast forward?

Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

Is there a way to jump to a time or fast forward somehow?

This is particularly troublesome with long sports shows or movies where getting to the 2 hour mark or something would require 240 30 second skips.

It becomes even worse since the app often loses the plt when skipping and goes back to the same time constantly, requiring me to exit playback and resume.

I cant see how to do it properly if there is a way.

2016 Samsung Tizen.

Any ideas?

Hi.  There should be a "Scenes" list that you can use to start at a particular point.  It may be defaulted off so check the options.

Abobader

Hi.  There should be a "Scenes" list that you can use to start at a particular point.  It may be defaulted off so check the options.

Good day Ebr,

They are no option for that at the Tizen app, it simply pull what you have, if the library have the enable option for that and the task been run for it, then he will see these Scenes.

I agree with Ebr here, the fast forward by the remote not that good, best to use the Scenes.

I am sure more update to the app will fixed these issue in future build.

My best

• Solution
FrostByte

The option isn't in the Tizen app like the others.  You have to make sure you "Enable chapter image extraction" in the dashboard for your library and then run the chapter extraction task like Abo mentioned

• Like 1

Thanks,

You are the first person to mention Chapter Image Extraction though.

Its not really that useful for sports I dont think, watch and discard is the general procedure. Not really that handy to have to run an image extraction routine overnight for that.

Might be quite cool for movies though ill give it a try.

Hopefully they will add some better skip/seek features in the future.

• Like 1
FrostByte

Agree.  

Hopefully a chapter selection menu in the OSD during playback like the old Orsay app had is in the works also.  That way you wouldn't have to clutter up the details screen with a bunch of chapter images and you wouldn't have to Stop, click Return to details and select a chapter to skip forward to. 

Edited by FrostByte
  • 2 weeks later...
zigzagtshirt

Being able to "dial" in the time to fast forward/rewind to (or something similar) would be incredibly wonderful.  Often too many fast forward/rewind presses causes the app to crash, or it causes the spinning circle to remain on the screen until app restart even though everything has loaded (maybe a bug that can be fixed?).  Also, even with chapters enabled, sometimes the chapters are spaced too far apart for it to be convenient.

Alternatively, being able to seek to the desired time with the forward/rewind buttons before having anything reload/refresh might be a lot smoother (i.e., click button 3 times to fast forward 90 seconds THEN hit enter to tell it to move to that selected time).

Edited by tsherran
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Deihmos

The app really needs a jump option. Can be done by pressing up and down. Press up to jump 5 or 10 minutes. Is it possible to add this?

Edited by Deihmos
  • 5 months later...
CloseTurkey

Following.

Would be fantastic if we got an increased fast forward or jump. The better half frequently won’t watch something if we are already part way through and have to continually press fast forward to get back to where we was.