Library playback issues with Yatse Remote

schumi2004
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

schumi2004

At first, Happy New year to all ;)

I'm not sure if this is reported before but i have some issues when i try to play media from Yatse remote library/collection view. When i open a item in Yatse remote and select Play you see Kodi react and a spinning progress indicator but then it just stops and nothing plays. When i navigate to the file in Kodi library using the arrow keys and then select play it plays just fine. I see it being direct played in Emby server and also playing in Yatse remote.

- Emby server 3.1.2

- Kody Krypton RC1

- Yatse remote 7.1.2

- Emby configured using path substitution.

- Direct playback enabled in Emby for Kodi addon.

- A valid sources.xml in Kodi.

I'm not sure if this issues is related to the several topics i found regarding local streaming issues when using Yatse?!

I have read them and found out that a possible workaround is to add the correct paths in sources.xml but I already had those.

I can not grab the Kodi logging yet so checked Emby server logging instead but i didn't found anything interesting in it

Also enabled Yatse debugging for testing later today.

Meanwhile i was hoping for some ideas/suggestions or better a solution for this.

/edit:

1 example of unplayable item when using Yatse remote

http://pastebin.com/kJiDXw3T

All items selected within Yatse return: ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0

Edited by schumi2004

• Solution
xnappo

This?

https://yatse.tv/redmine/boards/1/topics/349

You must set up the addon to use direct paths to use the work-around.  I can see in your log it is not.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25252-cant-stream-locally-from-yatse-when-using-emby-for-kodi/page-3&do=findComment&comment=246631

Edited by xnappo

schumi2004

So we must use Native (direct path) behaviour for Playback mode in Emby addon, disabling Play from HTTP instead of SMB under Video Playback isn't the same then?

xnappo

No - that is not the same.  You would need to switch to direct paths and reset your DB to try.

If you read that thread - I am not even sure it will really work.  Really - the Yatse dev needs to fix this - it should be able to play content from a plugin link.

Edited by xnappo

schumi2004

<cut>

If you read that thread - I am not even sure it will really work.  Really - the Yatse dev needs to fix this - it should be able to play content from a plugin link.

I agree on Yatse dev need to fix it but in the thread you linked and other threads mentioned in it a work around is to use a sources.xml which i already have.

I'll re-configure the Emby for Kodi addon and reset the database and see what happens.

Thanks so far.

xnappo

Post a log again after you do if it still doesn't work - as I said I can still see the problem in the log.

Edited by xnappo