Cast & Crew missing from display; until populated via alternate means

Rumbaar
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Rumbaar

Hi,

After a recent re-build of my library the previously populate cast and crew catalogue has been wiped clean.  Now it seems that the cast & crew are not populated until they're directly accessed via web client or other third party application as core functionality.

But EMBY theater doesn't seem to display the cast and crew area unless they've gotten a photo or been accessed via the web client to populate.  Which currently results in non-existent cast and crew to navigate within EMBY Theater.

So I'm asking, why isn't it showing a blank place holder with actor title so it can be used in navigation.  Or this needs to be added to the functionality?

Edited by Rumbaar
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

As far as I know this was done by design.  If no image is present then none are shown.  Sort of defeats the servers get on demand system now.

Rumbaar

We'll change this, thanks.

As far as I know this was done by design.  If no image is present then none are shown.  Sort of defeats the servers get on demand system now.

Yeah, a little defeatist.

We'll change this, thanks.

Sweet, look forward to the update.

With updates to EMBY Theater via website, does it have an auto update feature or do I have to ensure I download an updated version in the future?