Device Naming Convention?

gjviii

I'm using the web app (from Chrome) and am going to play it on one of my ipads.   when i click on the stream to icon, i see an ipad but it is named ipad52-Emby for IOS.  I'm wondering where the 52 comes from as that is not the name of the ipad?  Thanks for any response

58683ae0af788_Capture.jpg

We are using an ios device api to retrieve that name. I have not looked into where you would need to customize within ios in order to set your own.

• 2 weeks later...

We are using an ios device api to retrieve that name. I have not looked into where you would need to customize within ios in order to set your own.

If you want to grab the actual device name like we did in tvOS you can use (this is swift equivalent): UIDevice.current.name

Koleckai Silvestri

It doesn't retrieve the device name. My phone is named Awen and it shows up as iPhone82 in Emby. I am guessing the first number is the generation and the second is the year of design release. I am using an iphone 6s which is eight generation and second year design.

You can set your device name in the settings app under General -> About. Name will be at the top. Tap to change.

i went in the server, under devices and manually named the ipad52 to Dad's Ipad.  It now shows up as Dad's Ipad under active devices on the dashboard.  I will now go and remove all devices and add my son's ipads back in 1 at a time and rename them.  With the email notification plug in now working correctly, i can monitor what the family is watching while i am away.  Great feature

• Like 1