Unable to Cast Music to Chromecast

reggierat

reggierat
reggierat

When casting from any of the mobile apps or the browser i am able to connect to either the Chromecast v1 or Chromecast Audio.  When i select some audio to play it appears as though it is going to be play but doesn't actually start.  

post-67021-0-16261800-1483226736_thumb.jpg

Edited by reggierat

reggierat

Strangely enough audio and video are working in the Chromecast V1 this morning. Will check Chromecast Audio when the other half wakes up.

• 4 weeks later...

@@reggierat it's trying to transcode your mp3, which obviously should never happen. this is happening because your music has not been probed for media info. Perhaps this is new content that has not been scanned yet? in any event, browse to the album in the web app, use the 3-dot menu and click the refresh button. give it a minute then try to play it again. thanks.

reggierat

That has fixed the issue with that album. Although this is definitely not new music, I have had and been playing this album over Chromecast previously without any issues. Not sure exactly when it became a problem though. It is not the only album affected.

Is there anyway to refresh all items?

reggierat

This doesn't appear to be the same issue as there was no matching transcoding log, but at around 11.11am Chromecast was not working and was disconnecting repeatedly, if you search Mozart in the log it is towards the bottom.

I wasn't here at the time, it was my wife trying to cast. Have checked her Emby app was up to date, she is running Nexus 5, Androind 6.01

server-63621417600.txt

Try removing the kodi sync plugin, then try again and provide a new log if any issues persist. thanks !