Problem with persons files in metadata folder

maximilianh75

I suppose if you manually correct then the backup would preserve the correction, but this should be really rare nowadays. As of several months ago, when we import people from internet sources, they are paired with the moviedb id so there is no more misidentification.

the possibility for misidentification is primarily when importing from nfo where all we have as a name. truthfully, i think there is a better answer than worrying about the people folders. i think the data in the nfo files should be expanded so that it can support storing the names and id's of each actor, director, etc. that might mean a whole new node that breaks apart from kodi standards but it is really the best answer. it would help in many ways so they could easily adopt it as well.

Good day Luke,

I disagree (sorry buddy), at the moment, with my arabic titles, i have hard time with actors edit, no matters what, and I disable the internet download for these libraries, still looking to fetch actor info from themoviedb site.

Now, simple edit image on info for actors from the web client take a long time to do, too slow when hover by the mouse on a name.

Also, why Emby put important to what kodi a must? So breaking how normally Emby server normally work because of that?

This not to put you down or the app, you both great, but at the moment I am not happy.

My best

Good day,

I read it buddy, but I guess my english not that good.

Again, this not a put down matters so others members maybe got the wrong idea, I will start new thread so we do not get confusing issue.

Please ignore my post above.

My best

pünktchen

What about the Server backup plugin? @@ebr

Wouldn't it be possible to export/import people meta data to the good known xml?

• Like 1

What about the Server backup plugin? @@ebr

Wouldn't it be possible to export/import people meta data to the good known xml?

Not necessary, because what i am proposing above would put the necessary information in your movie/series nfo files.

pünktchen

Not necessary, because what i am proposing above would put the necessary information in your movie/series nfo files.

This would only save the correlation of which people belongs to which movie, but no customization to the data.

Happy2Play

No matter how you look at it, if I currently have 239,357 people.xml file.  Emby still has to get that many+ updates eventually. 

Wouldn't it be faster reading from existing files, and being able to update them?

Edited by Happy2Play

No matter how you look at it, if I currently have 239,357 people.xml file.  Emby still has to get that many+ updates eventually.

Not really because if you never actually click on a person, then all you need is a name + image so that you can see the cast list for a movie. 

I like the idea of reintroducing the xml files as an option.

It just sits better with the way I tend to work with the data, prefering to edit xml/nfo files than via the web interface.

• 1 month later...

Is there any news on when saving to people.xml files and reading from them will be reenabled? I am really concerned about the inability to restore people information from local edits or from people who only exist in my local database.

• 4 months later...

Any updates/plans on this ?

I fully back the revival of person.xml as an option - also have quite  a few manually edited actors.

And do use the bio.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
@Luke: The "metadata issue" topic triggered me to ask again.

Any news ...

Can't figure out how to add "private" people, ie. not to be found on the internet.

Or change wrong lookups. My wife for instance is mapped to a Hollywood actor.

And I'm dead :-)

Simply can't understand why it has to be that difficult to make an option to use people.xml.

Your logic may not be the truth for all of us, sorry.

We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible, thanks.

Thanks Luke, I know. And I certainly hope I haven't ever expressed anything but respect for the tremendous work being done.

But, from this and other topics on the same problem during the year, I have not been able to figure out if there ever will be a solution...

The closest to an answer I've seen was your post #34 - and that's almost a year ago.

It may be a small problem if the bio is wrong/missing - but it still would be nice to know what to expect.

Well this shouldn't have anything to do with a bio being missing or wrong. Whether or not we use person.xml will not affect the ability to download people metadata.

Well this shouldn't have anything to do with a bio being missing or wrong. Whether or not we use person.xml will not affect the ability to download people metadata.

Maybe I'm getting it all wrong, but I see my core problem as not being able to download people metadata - because the people in question does not exist and never will exist in any Internet database.

So, either they get no bio og they get wrong bio.

My bio - as noted - claims me to be dead in early 60ties.

One of my friends shows up as adult actor - no so funny.

And I see no way out of that misery without an ability to store/edit local data.

It that's wrong, please tell me where I'm getting lost.

How would you download internet metadata if the people don't exist? i think what you mean to say is you want to avoid internet metadata, right?

I have 2 tracks:
- Movies:
Data downloaded from Internet - I really don't care much about the bio's.
Homemade videos - vacations, family and so on.
Bio's will never exist on Internet - but nevertheless sometimes matches are found - and are always wrong.
I still for both types videos use Metabrowser, which puts its data into the same metadata structure as Emby.

So, if Emby could read - on my demand - from the "people" metadata structure - I would be out of the woods.
To put a bit shorter: I do not want to avoid Internet data - in all cases.
I want to maintain the vast majority from the Internet - and to be able to correct where the Internet provides no or incorrect data.

I am going to just move the old person metadata support into the xml metadata. As this plugin is a community addition, i will have to leave it to you guys to test and report issues.

If existing users of the xml metadata plugin start complaining about slow people refreshes, the guidance will be to uninstall the plugin, or continue to use it and live with the long refreshes, or help contribute towards enhancing the plugin with settings.

I do not have the bandwidth to become the sole developer of this, so in the event users are unhappy with it and no contributors emerge, we may be forced to remove it again.

@@Happy2Play fyi.