No live tv after trying to change server

PeeBee

Have EMBY Server running on one PC (Windows+Mediaportal). Install EMBY Server on a second PC using same settings (and working copy of Mediaportal with live TV).

Try to change a Fire TV to use the second PC. I can connect to 2nd PC but no live TV. If I select the "Live TV" icon in the "Library" I just get the "Recorded TV" view. The settings to use the 2nd PC wouldn't stick so I reinstall EMBY app on the Fire TV (obviously getting desperate!). Settings might be sticking now (goes straight to 2nd PC) but still no live TV.

What gives?

Hi there @@PeeBee, ...

It might be good idea to run the refresh guide operation right before doing that. thanks !

Ah! What a dodo I am. That sorted it.

Having reinstalled I now get the "expiry" warning. I guess I'm missing something obvious again?

Hi, please provide more detail. Thanks !

Thanks, I guess you mean more detail of the "expiry" message and not more description of what a clod I was relating to the original message...

Whenever I playback a recording or live TV on the Fire TV (via EMBY) I get a fleeting message saying "in trial" and some other stuff. ... Hang on, I've just got an "unlock" icon in the menus now and it'll cost me just a few pennies to put right - I see now, I was messing with the registration of the Fire TV yesterday (Amazon "Family" stuff) and that's what triggered the "in-trial" message after reinstalling EMBY. Should have left it as it was (reinstalling never fixed it). But you lot deserve those extra pennies for putting up with us painful clients; still, good job I haven't moved to Premier yet!

• Like 1