Better "TheTVDB" Identification for Podcasts

jon@spoonamore.net

jon@spoonamore.net

I like to download my Podcasts via gPodder and RSS.  Emby does a great job of identifying the Podcasts via TheTVDB web site.   But, Emby does a terrible job identifying the episodes.

It's not all Emby's fault.  Most Podcasts do not use a Season and Episode numbering system for their file names; just an episode # system.  In the TheTVDB system, the episode # is in the "Aired Episode Number" field.  The actual episode # the Podcasts use is in the "Absolute Number" field.

It would be nice to have a option for a TV Series to select which field Emby uses to match the episode #.  In my case, I would still have to modify the file names to get to a format Emby could use to parse the season and episode #.  But at-least Emby could then identify the episode correctly.

~~~~~~~~

Example of what I deal with:  Podcast - "This Week In Tech", TheTVDB ID # is 144991

The downloaded filename will come in this format:  twit0593_h264m_1280x720_1872.mp4

I convert the filename to this using a nice Bash Script:  This Week In Tech - S2016E0593.mp4

TheTVDB match is Season 2016, Episode 51.  The "Absolute Number" field has the # of 593.