Live TV Odd Behavior

WhackOBill

WhackOBill

Here's a weird one ... when I flip to the Live TV section (I'm running ServerWMC) on my Theater client (2.5.32) I can select and play items from the "Now Playing" section and they start up just fine.  If I switch the video to EFS instead of EFS+ or Auto, the sound even stays in sync with the video.

But if I access the Guide and select the channel of the show that I was watching from Now Playing, I get a different dialog box to begin viewing and when I select Play I just to get to sit and spin ... the show never starts.

If I back out and go back over to Now Playing and select the show, I can again watch it just fine.

I can even go into Recordings and select Channels instead of Recordings and find the channel and play it from there just fine.  (All of the recordings seem to work just fine as well.)

It seems that I can't select anything from the Guide screen and have it play and I don't understand why.  Anyone have any thoughts on where to look?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
WhackOBill

I was not able to get logs before both Server and ET updated.  Happily, the problem has vanished with these updates.  The only problem I could see in any logs were in the ServerWMC logs ... something about failing to allocate a GUID or some such.  These would go on for a while and it seemed as though they ended when I gave up on the channel change and closed ET at the client side.

The only issue I ever still see is that I can only watch using the EVR renderer ... EVR+ gets the audio too far out of sync to be watchable.

Good work.