Server - Move "Continue watching" to a folder view instead of main screen

maximumentropy

maximumentropy

I would like an option to move the "Continue watching" views from the main screen on all apps to a folder or channel type of view.  Resumable adult content shows up in the main view on my controlling device when I am looking to Chromecast family-friendly content to the screen, which can make for a less-than-family-friendly experience.  

I can remove the "Continue watching" view from the main screen of some of the apps (for example this is trivial in the web client) but then it is difficult to locate and continue resumable adult content.

Thanks!

I think what may make more sense here is a setup like we have with latest where you choose the libraries that are included.  That would allow you to turn off those specific libraries.

For now, I suggest using a different ID and our parental control features so that they don't show up when in a family environment.

• Like 1

maximumentropy

I think what may make more sense here is a setup like we have with latest where you choose the libraries that are included.  That would allow you to turn off those specific libraries.

For now, I suggest using a different ID and our parental control features so that they don't show up when in a family environment.

Yes, settings similar to those for Latest provide part of what I'm looking for.  The other half would be some other way to get at the resumable items, since once they are removed from the main display they become almost inaccessible.

I have been using different ID's as a workaround like you suggested, but it is a hassle for a variety of reasons and doesn't cover 100% of the cases (such as forgetting that I'm already logged in to my account and opening the laptop in the family room).  So I do want these items accessible, just less "in my face" even from my main account.

Thanks!

With my suggestion, when you actually entered a library the resumables from that library would be visible there regardless of this setting.  The setting would only govern the home screen.

maximumentropy

With my suggestion, when you actually entered a library the resumables from that library would be visible there regardless of this setting.  The setting would only govern the home screen.

Yes, that works for the TV and Movies libraries.  But the Adult library (Type:  Home videos and photos) does not show resumable content when I enter that folder.  Changing it so it does, would address my concerns.  Thanks again!

Edited by maximumentropy