Help: Moved Emby Server; Reconnected Kodi; No access to the media

Marc_G
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

Hi folks,

Today I took down my Emby Server and migrated the settings and content drives to a new computer. The new computer is at the old LAN address (192.168.1.4) as the old emby server, but is on a new computer name (HTServer instead of HomeTheater-PC). I pointed all the Emby libraries to their new UNC paths, which are shared folders on the network (so, \\HTServer\Movies\ for example).

Emby Theater, given the new location of the server, connected up fine.

In Kodi (running on a different windows box, by the TV), of course it gave a sign in error for Emby for Kodi. I went into the settings and pointed things at the new server (HTServer), keeping the sign on name (which hadn't changed), and keeping the LAN address. No problem, it seemed.

Then Kodi did a sync, and after a few minutes it had processed all my libraries, and initially all my movies showed up as duplicates, but that went away after another minute or two.

So I thought all was well. However, when I try to play any content, Kodi tells me the content "is no longer available, would I like to delete it?"

Help?! What do I need to do to sort this out?

Thanks

Marc

FALSE ALARM!

Turns out my files weren't so shared after all.

When Windows connected to the network, it did so as a public network, despite being safe on my LAN.  At some point after "sharing" my files (including turning on network discovery/file sharing for the current [oops public] profile, I found I was public instead of private, and switched it.  Didn't notice that I had to turn on discovery/sharing on my new [private] network profile.

D'Oh!

All fixed now.

Still a good idea to reset the video library and start from scratch but I have some other cleanup to do first!

Thanks all!

Marc

Edited by Marc_G
  • Like 1