Emby Theater (Windows Store App) - Always on Top When Fullscreen

srolomc
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I have noticed that whenever I have Emby maximized to full screen, I am unable to switch to any other application (for example using Alt + Tab).  Currently the only way for us to watch onDemand is through a browser, so I have set up my remote to allow us to switch between Emby and a browser, so that is what I am trying to accomplish here.  Is there a way to disable Emby Theater from always being on top when maximized? This is the last thing I need to get working in my HTPC setup, so it would be great if this could be done.  I have attached a log to this email, and I am currently running version 2.5.32. Thanks for the help!

theater-63618520671.txt

• Solution

Hi @@srolomc, yes currently the app only has the one fullscreen state. A future improvement would be to support both a traditional maximize as well as fullscreen, where the maximize would be windowed and allow you to switch between other apps more easily.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply Luke, I would find that feature very useful for my setup if it's something that is planned for the future.

Just FYI for anyone who is trying to do something similar, I was able to get around this by putting Emby on its own virtual desktop (in Windows 10) and then placing the browser on a second desktop.  I can then easily switch between desktops to use either the browser or Emby; this works out nicely for what I want to do and is fine for my setup.