Automatic login & login screen visibility

marttoma

marttoma

Hello,

I would have question - is it possible to set up media browser classic to skip login screen for option "automatic user login"?

It does not look well to see MB login screen when the MB is started from MCE.

Thanks.

Martin

marttoma

Thank you a lot.

I set automatic login up in MBC, I think it works fine - I dont need to do any login tasks when I am startin up MBC from MCE (nice feature), anyway there is MBC login screen visible for 1-2 seconds (with animation - points going from left to right on black screen with Media Browser logo).

Is it somehow possible to skip this login MBC windows - to not display it on the screen?

No.  We have to do some stuff before we can present you with the actual home screen.  The only alternative to that welcome screen is a blank one and that is not a good idea at all.

When I said "we have to do some stuff" I meant the program, not us the developers.  The program is loading during that time.  The splash screen only stays up as long as it takes to accomplish that.  On my system that is only a couple of seconds.

marttoma

Aha:) Ok I see. In my system it takes also few seconds, but I would say this MBC login screen is something, which does not look nature and interrupt the user perception. Is there any chance to optimise code to speed up this part or to do some stuff little bit latter?

The overwhelming feedback on that splash screen has been positive.  It is modern and styled after the new XBox 1 splash screen.

It is going as fast as it can at this point.  It really is only a couple of seconds in most instances...