Why did ice Road Truckers Not Record

maegibbons

It failed to connect with your HDHR. Double check your live tv setup and ensure the tuner ip address is correct.

maegibbons

Hi

This was actually on a IPTV Channel.  Are you saying that it thought it should be getting it from the HDHR or could it just not open the IPTV stream?

Krs

Mark

my mistake, sorry. it looks like it couldn't match up the channel to the recording. when did you schedule that recording? did you rework your m3u or guide setup since the time it was recorded?

if you start a new manual recording, does that record as expected?

maegibbons

I had reworked the m3u BUT that channel did remain the same.  What are the rules in relation to reworking the m3u?  If you touch it at all you should cancel all series and restart them all?  That would be a bit of a pain.

Would have thought it would have stored a channel identifier and looked stream up at time of recording.

Krs

Mark

Yea i'm guessing that caused the channel id to change. it is currently based on the source feed url + the entire line in the m3u. If either of those change, the channel id will change. this probably needs review.

maegibbons

That makes sense in relation to what happenned.  I think I changed from an HD to SD stream from my provider.  The channel id tag did not change but the source URL did.

Krs

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
maegibbons

Hi

@@Luke

This happened again today. Ironically the same program and a few others.

I had added a few steams to the m3u file BUT DID NOT change the channels that then failed to record.  It would appear that just re-saving the m3u tuner with an updated file (not a different file) with new channels is enough to trigger this issue.

I do think you should be able to ADD channels to the m3u file WITHOUT it screwing up the recordings on channels that you have not touched.

At the moment it appears if you touch the m3u you have to cancel all series recordings and then restart recording on those series again.

Thats a pain.

Krs

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

@@maegibbons we can revisit this after i have reworked the setup part but for the channel ids to change, something in those earlier urls must have changed also. it could be something very minor but a change nonetheless.