Display backdrops causes scroll issues

BorgSquared

BorgSquared

I noticed that when I enabled the display of backdrops for the web app for some reason scrolling becomes incredibly laggy. Unless you actually drag the scroll bar and do not use a mouse's scroll function there isn't a fix for the super slow scrolling. Also, this always happens on the media details page as well as it shows a backdrop even if that preference is off.

This happens in Chrome for me but works fine in Edge.

Happy2Play

The backdrops feature applies to all screens except itemdetails screens.

As for the lag do you see this as soon as you enable the feature or after you let it sit open in Chrome for awhile?  If this is the latter then it has been reported a couple times and a fix has not been found yet.

BorgSquared

Item details shows the backdrops too. The reason why I explicitly mentioned it is because it isn't affected by the setting. However, it has the same problem so it seems to be due to how the backdrop is being displayed. Perhaps an issue with the JS.

As for when the lag happens, even right after I (re)load the page and start scrolling. 

Happy2Play

For me setting the option isn't an issue, but letting it site for 15-20 minutes without use causes lag, but a reload/refresh resolves the issue.  An just leaving it on itemdetails for an extended period of time causes the same issue.

Discussed here also