Media Browser Theatre WMC integration

dhallam

First of all I would like to thank all the developers for all the hard work of the new Media browser 3 server software.

I have been using mb2 for over 3 years as part of my home WMC/TV system for access to my films and media that is stored on my HP micro server. The server aspect now makes theme/system changes to my front room, kitchen, bedroom and even my study pc media centres a breeze. (I know im a IT network admin and love getting to my media)

I am currently running media browser classic on my 3 WMC pcs as they are used for mainly TV/and recorded tv to the server, and films via MBC.All are on windows 8.1 with MCE apart from my main study pc which is 8.1 pro without WMC. 

I have been using media browser theatre , and all I can say is WOW, I love the layout, the speed , ease of use and viewing already partly watched content, its simplistic but feature packed I now have a problem, I would love it integrated into all my other WMC pc's.

I know it will be a stand alone media centre in its own right, unfortunately WMC has the edge on TV viewing/recording and the sought after WAP (wife approval rating) at the moment.

My request is will their be any way to start MBT from an icon in WMC, then when finished return just like MBC? as this would be the best of both worlds. Keep the wife happy with TV from WMC and me happy with the excellent WBT.

If you need any testing or help just let me know, and keep up the excellent work.

David

candybar213

I think they will be bringing the newly enabled live tv feature to MBT that will bring live tv and recording to to MBT

The Candybar213

I'm pretty sure there was a plugin via server already that added MCT integration to WMC.  :)

No, I think there is a plug-in for MBT that will launch WMC but not the other way around.  Someone would have to write a WMC plug-in and the appropriate installation routines to be able to launch MBT from within WMC.  Somewhere there may be an old generic launcher for WMC that would do it, I'm not sure.

Getting back when you close it though...well maybe that would work if that is where you came from.

Aussiedroid

Ah my misunderstanding! Misread.

Guess the other option would be to use something like Media Center Studio to manually add an entry point?

swhitmore

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2142-media-browser-theater-public-alpha/page-2&do=findComment&comment=39544   ;)

For anyone interested in launching MBT from WMC, this is how I've achieved it. The launcher I have used is ReLaunch. I then used Media Center Studio (no longer in development) to move the icon to the right slot in the WMC start menu. If you don't have Media Center Studio, then I believe you can use Patchou’s Media Center Themer, although I've never used it.

Configure ReLaunch as shown below. I use the 'Green Button' to return to WMC. Let me know if you get stuck.

5287003ecc60b_Untitled.png

Best of both worlds!

5286f639ae200_ScreenCaptureMEDIAPC1.png

5286f5c88b264_ScreenCaptureMEDIAPC2.png

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

Cheers swhitmore I have used Re-Launch before, but didn't think of it for adding mbt, im gonna have a play with tonight as im re-building my media pc as we speak and if I can have access to both that would be excellent.

Thanks for the info

Edited by dhallam
  • Like 1