Using two liveTV Plugins at the same time - Choose between them

cybe

Hello. Wish you merry Christmas ;-)

First question, i have two seperate TV Servers running. DVBLink TVSource and on another device with an integrated DVB reciever a TVHeadend server. Is it possible to use both of them, when configuring and installing both plugins in emby server at the same time?

And the second question is, in the emby client apps, is it possible to choose in the liveTV section of the clients app (Program/EPG VIew) which channels to display, from which of the both plugins? It would be nice to choose which channels should be displayed.

DVBLink and tvheadend both have the same channels available in my setup. i'm using DVBLink for recording and setting timers and tvheadend for watching TV. So it would be great to have a choice in the Program / EPG Views to display only the channels from tvheadend while watching tv and displaying only the channels from the DVBLink plugin to browse the EPG and set timers. In all screens according to liveTV it would be very good and informative to see which liveTV plugin is used.

I'm using my tablets and smartphones emby apps to only browse the liveTV EPG for setting timers to record and the other clients (fireTV, XBOX One, AndroidTV) to watch liveTV from the channels that TVHeadend provides.

This would all be possible within kodi, but there is no kodi app available for the xbox one i'm using in my living room.

Edited by cybe
  • Like 1

Hi, inside Emby there is currently no way to do this other than hiding the channels via parental controls. You can learn more about that in our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Parental%20controls

A simpler mechanism to just check off the channels you want is planned for the future. Until then you can either use the parental control technique or disable the channel within the back-end tv software.