Let's Encrypt for Emby Server on Windows

mythofechelon

mythofechelon

How can we use Let's Encrypt (be it via Certify, letsencrypt-win-simple, etc) to install a security certificate for Emby Server?

mythofechelon

Yes, I'm using no-ip because it's free. I believe HTTPS still works because the FQDN is in the HTTP header so the URL and security certificate match even though DDNS (and, therefore, a different FQDN) is involved.

• 1 month later...
shorty1483

It works. I use it with a ddns name. Nginx is also a possibility to use Let's Encrypt with Emby without converting the Certs.

Edited by shorty1483

• 3 years later...
t123thomas

@mythofechelon,  Thanks for this instruction  posted in this URL https://mythofechelon.co.uk/blog/2017/01/01/lets-encrypt-emby-server-and-windows, Following the instruction I am unable obtain let encrypt certification, I realized the instructions was dated Jan 2017, therefore, my the applications that I used is slightly diff, but that shouldn't prevent the certificate being obtained. ,I am on windows 10 professional and the  Certify SSL/TLS certificate management (Community edition)  is 5.2.10

I carefully follow the instruction to step 3 .certify, but the certificate is not pulled, any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by t123thomas

WilhelmStroker

I used this procedure not too long ago to renew my cert and it worked fine on Windows 10. What's the error you get in the app?