Metadata manager and playlist sorting

Zarper

Hi there.

I did a complete re-install in a new jail today and noticed in the metadata manager that I couldn't find the option at the top to change the content type for sub-folders. It's described in the wiki in TV naming/Complex Folder Structure.

Also since the new playlist (3.0.8000 I believe) I'm not able to change the order in the playlist on a desktop browser. I've tried multiple times on most versions since 3.0.8000 on both Firefox and Edge. I believe I've tried Chrome some time ago as well.

It works with Chrome on an Android device but I believe it didn't work there either at one time. On the other hand playback in Chrome on Android seems to work and not work from version to version.

FreeNAS 9:10

FreeBSD 10.3 jail

Emby 3.1.0 built from ports

Hi, do you mean reordering playlist items using the drag handles? I just tried that in desktop browsers and I don't see any problems at all. Is that what you mean?

As far as playback, we're sorry to hear that. In order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Hi, do you mean reordering playlist items using the drag handles? I just tried that in desktop browsers and I don't see any problems at all. Is that what you mean?

As far as playback, we're sorry to hear that. In order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Worked in the older playlist but not in the new.

I don't actually use Chrome for playback on the tablet. Just thought I might mention it while I was already making a post. If you REALLY want me to report an issue i guess I can. But the other things are way more important to me.

When I'm already going I might as well do a feature request for sorting TV shows by the DVD number instead of the air number. A lot of shows have screwed up air dates that are later fixed in the disc release and it feels a bit redundant to sort manually when the DVD number is already in the metadata. And when you have the correct order from the DVD/Blu-ray they get the wrong names/metadata.

Edited by Zarper

Yea sorting by Dvd number is something we've had planned, but just have not gotten to it yet. What do you mean by not working in new playlist?

Yea sorting by Dvd number is something we've had planned, but just have not gotten to it yet. What do you mean by not working in new playlist?

You redesigned the playlist in 3.0.8000 I believe. It worked just fine before that but haven't since.

What playlist exactly do you mean? thanks.

Go to any content page, get the context menu "Add to playlist", give it a name or add it to an existing playlist. Go into the playlist and try to rearrange the order. Nothing happens for me in Firefox or Edge. Works in Chrome on Android.

EDIT: The version it stopped working from is 3.0.6000.

Edited by Zarper

Ok, in Firefox/Edge, I do see an issue where you can't move the handles. Thanks. I will look into that.

Great :)

Since you haven't talked anything about the first part of my post, did you miss it or have nothing to say about it?