yes it did.

#42 dual-o OFFLINE  

dual-o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 09:32 AM

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:34 AM

Since several days the "new media report" didn't work.

Got anybody the problem too?

• vincentmarles likes this

#43 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:50 AM

Which Emby Version are you using. 

#44 vincentmarles OFFLINE  

vincentmarles

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 08:32 AM

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:28 AM

hello, it does not work for me the test is ok but not the carry over of new content

#45 vincentmarles OFFLINE  

vincentmarles

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:58 AM

it works it's good, but it's not possible to have the covers on it? because here I just have the name of the movie that was downloaded but nothing else.

#46 dual-o OFFLINE  

dual-o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:07 AM

Which Emby Version are you using. 

Newest one (4.40) 

Find out whe i uncheck notifications for "New Media Report" and check it again it works ... will check this ne next days...

I think its a "Playback Report" Issue

#47 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

it works it's good, but it's not possible to have the covers on it? because here I just have the name of the movie that was downloaded but nothing else.

Covers are not possible because the internal Notification Function of Emby does not support it.

#48 vincentmarles OFFLINE  

vincentmarles

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:48 AM

Edited by vincentmarles, 25 March 2020 - 08:50 AM.

#49 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:08 AM

Updated my own Docker to 4.4.040 with Playback Report 1.6.9.1.

No issues. The Plugin works as expected. 

#50 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 3396 posts
  • Local time: 02:32 AM
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:19 AM

who is using telegram anyway, discord is where it's at...      (im just kidding btw, dont get riled up)   :)        You could take the alert title and run it through one of the movie database api's to get the cover image. 

#51 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:38 AM

Which would only work if you use that plugin exclusive for new added content. Every other Message (Server Updates, etc) would also be piped to IMDB, producing garbish.

There is no simple way to determinate what kind of message is sent to the Telegram Plugin.

Also this would not be compatible to the Playback Reports plugin.

#52 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 3396 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

Which would only work if you use that plugin exclusive for new added content. Every other Message (Server Updates, etc) would also be piped to IMDB, producing garbish.

There is no simple way to determinate what kind of message is sent to the Telegram Plugin.

Also this would not be compatible to the Playback Reports plugin.

oh you cant do basic filtering in the telegram plugin, that looks for patterns like text then space then year for movies,    ttttt(sp)(NNNN) = movie pipe that to the api, get the image link then post via telegram?    

how do you use the playback reports plugin with this?  is it dependent on a second plugin?

Edited by pir8radio, 25 March 2020 - 09:56 AM.

#53 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:15 AM

The Telegram Plugin works the same way like the E-Mail, Pushover, Pushbullet Plugins. When it gets called it gets send over the request.name and request.description objects by the Emby server and forwards that to the Telegram Servers. This works with any notifictions send by the Emby Server.

Of course you could now do some clever Regex to determinate the content, getting the Info from IMDB etc. download the picture, upload that to the telegram servers (or try to hotlink it) and than send the message. If anybody want to extend that plugin this way feel free to send a PR.

But you would have to do it in a way so the Plugin also work with the Playback Report Plugin which can also report new Media, way better that the standard notification which is screwed up for me since months and nobody can answer why. 

It does not depend on Playback Reporting Plugin, but that Plugin does a better Job reporting new Media (all new Media since last run in one Message not one Message for each new file). 

#54 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 3396 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

The Telegram Plugin works the same way like the E-Mail, Pushover, Pushbullet Plugins. When it gets called it gets send over the request.name and request.description objects by the Emby server and forwards that to the Telegram Servers. This works with any notifictions send by the Emby Server.

Of course you could now do some clever Regex to determinate the content, getting the Info from IMDB etc. download the picture, upload that to the telegram servers (or try to hotlink it) and than send the message. If anybody want to extend that plugin this way feel free to send a PR.

But you would have to do it in a way so the Plugin also work with the Playback Report Plugin which can also report new Media, way better that the standard notification which is screwed up for me since months and nobody can answer why. 

It does not depend on Playback Reporting Plugin, but that Plugin does a better Job reporting new Media (all new Media since last run in one Message not one Message for each new file). 

10-4 i understand what you are saying now..   I have been using the discord plugin...  He is working on similar ways to get the image in.. but it seems to have been working well so far...  I didnt know the playback reporting plugin did similar tasks...        

#55 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:45 AM

Which Discord Plugin are you using, maybe there is a way to intergrate it in a similiar way. But i recon it will be no trivious task.

#56 vincentmarles OFFLINE  

vincentmarles

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:34 PM

I can't get it to work with another Emby user on my server, I can enter his Token and ID but nothing sends me the notification.

#57 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

Log?

#58 rechigo OFFLINE  

rechigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 AM
  • LocationCALIFORNIA

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:59 PM

10-4 i understand what you are saying now..   I have been using the discord plugin...  He is working on similar ways to get the image in.. but it seems to have been working well so far...  I didnt know the playback reporting plugin did similar tasks...        

I had some suggestions to use the playback reporting plugin, but that would be last resort. I don't think it is a good idea to have one plugin depend on another.. Right now I need to think of a way to override the default media added notification so that mine can take its place

• pir8radio likes this

#59 darkside40 OFFLINE  

darkside40

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:23 AM

You are totally right that it is not ideal to be depending on another plugin.

I see that you are making real good progress on the Discord Plugin. Maybe i can integrate some of your affort in the Telegram plugin someday.

Beeing honest with my limited C# Skills and the lack of documentation provided for Emby i would have never been able doing what you do right now.

#60 vincentmarles OFFLINE  

vincentmarles

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:12 PM

Log?

there is nothing in the log that tells me the error. do you know if Ombi it works? because I put the info on ombi but ombi does not transmit the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users