Android app pauses stream.

Exist2Resist

Exist2Resist

I picked up Emby premiere yesterday just a monthly subscription to test it out. 

Plannning to pick up a lifetime if it works out for what I want it to do. 

I'm using an Android 5.1.1 box, with the s905 chipset, the MX Q Pro with 1 GB of RAM.

Having said this when I was streaming some content yesterday after about 30 min the stream paused. 

There was no stutterring or pausing prior to this. I proceeded to change the bit rate, lowered it, and kept going.

After about another 30 min the same thing happened again. 

What could be a possible culprit of this?

Exist2Resist

I tried the mobile, switched to the Android TV app this morning seems to we working better.

In general I like the Ando TV app better as it's a lot lighter.

Gonna do some more testing.

maegibbons

I picked up Emby premiere yesterday just a monthly subscription to test it out. 

Plannning to pick up a lifetime if it works out for what I want it to do. 

I'm using an Android 5.1.1 box, with the s905 chipset, the MX Q Pro with 1 GB of RAM.

Having said this when I was streaming some content yesterday after about 30 min the stream paused. 

There was no stutterring or pausing prior to this. I proceeded to change the bit rate, lowered it, and kept going.

After about another 30 min the same thing happened again. 

What could be a possible culprit of this?

If you have any issues with your android box with transcoding or blank screen/no video/ no sound issues.  Dump the cheaper android box and buy a Fire TV or a Xioami MI 3 box - its just not worth the hassle of getting the cheaper boxes going.  Take this from someone who has been there and done that!

Fire TV "just works" with emby really well.

Krs

Mark