DNLA and Remote Control issues

scottpro

scottpro

First of all I have to say that the Emby server and apps are awesome programs.  Good job.

Now the issues after upgrading to version 3.1.x.

I have (2) Sony LCD HDTV's that support DNLA streaming and each one has a different problem with DNLA streaming and Remote Control.

Sony KDL-55HX820 :

-- When trying to stream from an iPad Pro or web client to this device the video/audio doesn't appear on the TV.

-- The Remote Control on the iPad has total control of the TV and the control icons appear on the TV display when pressed, just no video/audio.

-- The ffmpeg-transcode logs show that the video/audio is transcoding and playing.

-- When I use the TV's internal menu to stream from a DNLA device, in this case the Emby server, the video/audio stream works just fine.

Sony KDL-70R550A :

-- When trying to stream from an iPad Pro or web client to this device the video/audio appear just fine.

-- The Remote Control on the iPad Pro or web client has no control (buttons dimmed) over the movie playback but the volume control works (only buttons in white).  The only way to stop the stream to the TV is to restart the Emby server.

-- When I use the TV's internal menu to stream from a DNLA device, in this case the Emby server, the video/audio stream works just fine.

Note: Everything worked prior to the 3.1.0 update.

Note: Same operation happens on both the iOS app and web client (PC and iPad).
Note: Problem occurs with any movie.

Install:
Ubuntu 16.04.1 server
Emby Server 3.1.1 (with premium key)

It's not a big issue for me right now but just wanted to report the problem.

-Scott