After sudden power off server will no longer start - hangs

hypyke

Essentially, when starting it hangs before ever starting the webserver.  I believe I am on the dev channel.  I did try to reinstall over the old install as well without any change.

I nuked the library.db but that didn't make a difference.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Logs attached

The error I see doesn't make a lot of sense to me:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'ServiceStack, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Thanks

server-63618020103.txt

unhandled_2d3eab74-4326-4fa3-b990-a54bf259a58e.txt

Hi, have you tried rebooting? You may also want to scan your hard disk and memory for a hardware failure. The files are there in your installation folder but the .net framework is failing to load them. That's usually not a good sign. You may also consider a fresh install and/or the portable install as a quick test. Of course that may end up putting files on a different part of the drive, which may lead it work and cause you to associate the success with the re-installation when there is still a hardware failure. 

Rebooted.  It no longer hangs but gives a proper exception error and dies.  I tried the .net repair tool.  No dice.  Going to try a re-install of .net.

No other system problems so far.  Nothing in win event logs beyond the usual noise

Hi, have you tried rebooting? You may also want to scan your hard disk and memory for a hardware failure. The files are there in your installation folder but the .net framework is failing to load them. That's usually not a good sign. You may also consider a fresh install and/or the portable install as a quick test. Of course that may end up putting files on a different part of the drive, which may lead it work and cause you to associate the success with the re-installation when there is still a hardware failure. 

Ok, reinstalled .net and emby server portable DOES run but emby server still throws unhandled exception.  Any way to save my config or figure out which part of the config is the issue?

Happy2Play

Depending on your plan, but a reinstall will not affect any configs.  Configs are only affected if you do a complete "all traces" uninstall.