New Boxes - IPTV LiveTV Will not Play

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

Ok after having loads of issues with the Qbox (see other thread) I went out and bought a Fire TV box and Xioami M3 4k box.

Both these boxes are about as standard as can be in relation to Android TV/Fire TV

And they both perform very well EXCEPT my Live IPTV streams will not play live.  They will record just fine.

On the fire tv box pressing "i" once will get them working but on the Xioami "i" however many times does not work.  This may be a version difference because Fire is still on 1.3.10 and android on 1.3.11. I think the issue on android may be the stream.mkv transcode which was put in to try and solve the qbox issue.

I enclose the server log and the last few transcodes.  The stream in question if you want to search is 2159.ts.  I also uploaded the logs from the android client.

If there is no way to "automatically" sort this out is there any way to tag certain channels to play with the "i" pressed once parameters from the start.

KR's

Mark

full-final.txt

t1.txt

t2.txt

t3.txt

t4.txt

Actually nevermind, the last log is useful. I'll try making some small adjustments for the next beta server. thanks.

maegibbons

@Luke

Hi

Thanks for looking at this,  perhaps you would give this thread a nudge when there is something to test.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Yes. I have to set DS to avoid transcode overhead on the server for all streams from my HDhomerun CONNECT.

Which box the Xioami M3 4k box?

Its nice,  I think I prefer the Fire TV with dedicated FF and RW buttons - i Just wish it had Volume control which the Xioami does have!!

One day a box will be produced that is just perfect - it just has not happened yet!!!

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

• 3 weeks later...
maegibbons

Guys

@@Luke @@ebr

I dont know if it was ebr's work yesterday on Android/Fire TV app or Lukes new beta server 270 today but my IPTV streams now play Trans/v straight away - i dont have to press "!" anymore.

Its like Christmas every day at the moment!

Unfortunately still get "Playback error" with the streams in Android mobile app for which issue i have a seperate post in that forum.

Thanks guys for all your hard work in resolving these issues and making emby truly brilliant!!

So who is claiming the credit?!?

Krs

Mark