Chocolate Theme Wont allow MBC to load in WMC

mariob33
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

mariob33

I have had the weirdest error where anytime that I try and open MBC using the chocolate theme it will crash and wont load.  I get the MB failed to load error msg and it takes me out to the WMC main window.  if I use the MBC configurator to swap to another theme no issue.  This was ok previously as the default WMC was not chocolate but now different story.  This occurs on all of my MBC installs across 3 machines.  Is there some shared server component with this them?  Logs from MB-Classic logs folder,

Configurator-26120141ee9ce46ad354993b57fcf6d0775cd52.zip

Look in the Windows\ehome folder on all your machines and, if there is a chocolate.dll in there, delete it.

The MBC log you posted above contains a session where you successfully browsed and even played back an item with the Chocolate theme so I'm confused as to what is going on.  Please post a log from when the problem actually occurs.  Also, follow the instructions in "How to Report a Problem" to find the error in your Windows Event log.

Look in the Windows\ehome folder on all your machines and, if there is a chocolate.dll in there, delete it.

Thank you, ebr.  This fixed the issue I was having with loading MBC with Chocolate theme enabled.

Edited by dkindig

MrWebsmith

can you go in and mark his answer as the accepted one, so that it will mark the issue closed and ebr can get some tiny sliver of space on his mental "plate" back ;)

mariob33

The MBC log you posted above contains a session where you successfully browsed and even played back an item with the Chocolate theme so I'm confused as to what is going on.  Please post a log from when the problem actually occurs.  Also, follow the instructions in "How to Report a Problem" to find the error in your Windows Event log.

I have not been able to get chocolate to load in wmc classic on any of my main HTPCs in forever, so im confused by the statement.  On what date did I last get it to work?  the issue can be replicated evey time.  I can basically uninstall the chocolate theme load mbc with any other theme or the default classisc reinstall chocolate and get this error as soon as I make the selection. 

52ec0b6917e72_chocolatecrsh.png

mariob33

can you go in and mark his answer as the accepted one, so that it will mark the issue closed and ebr can get some tiny sliver of space on his mental "plate" back ;)

don't understand the fix didn't work?

mario - did you do this?

I'm almost positive that is your problem.

mariob33

mario - did you do this?

I'm almost positive that is your problem.

Tried this on all machines and still see issue. I am basically unable to switch or load a session sung chocolate. All other plugins vpwork.

• Solution

Search your entire machine for chocolate.dll.  Somewhere, it is finding an old MB2 version of this plug-in.

• Like 1

mariob33

Search your entire machine for chocolate.dll.  Somewhere, it is finding an old MB2 version of this plug-in.

That's was it  ..There was another dll in the root of my D drive which I must have installed MB on many many moons ago :unsure: .  Thanks a lot for the patience.