Option to enable old style Genre page

mtjj

OK, I know this is probably falling on deaf ears, but it's worth a try....

Please enable the old style genre page (with the custom artwork and click through to the list of items) *as an option* for those who prefer it. This is not a request to change the default.

Note that also the new page no longer lists movies and series on the same page. Ideally I'd want that back as well, but I can request that separately if for some reason people prefer one but not the other

Fundamentally my use case is:

a- select a genre

b- select a movie / series within that genre

This is inherently a two step process, and the new layout makes it less efficient. For step a) previously I could see all genres on one page before making a selection. Now I have to scroll up and down. (It also looked better with nice artwork for each genre, but that's secondary). For step b, I anyway wanted to see a full list of items within that genre, and having selected that genre I don't want to see anything else. The previous page worked fine for that. The new page anyway requires me to click *more* if there are more than 8 items, which there are in 90% of cases.

Emby is great the way it is, I can understand that features can be added, but we don't need pointless UI change for the sake of it - I'd be very interested to see if anyone specifically requested the new style layout and what their use case is.

Edit - sorry, forgot to put title "Web App - " - could someone please add this? :-)

Edited by mtjj
  • Like 13

MrWebsmith

yes.. 100% agree.. thank you for taking the time to write this up completely.. hopefully others will support it and it will be done in a future release.

Koleckai Silvestri

While I prefer the current page myself, I believe that more options for the presentation are good. They help the users mold the system into a style that fits their needs and allows them to view their media their way.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
One2Go

Just getting the hang of the way the genre is being handled. Don't know if the themes from Throg help but I totally support the idea of getting back to the way generes were handled in the past. At present also the icons of samples of content from the genre is sometimes really weird, 4 small pics of the same movie is really not very good. Please implement this option.

• Like 3