Movie Theme Videos Refresh Rate Changes!

DELORAN

@@Luke,

Can you explain what would force a refresh rate on Movie Theme Videos (Video Backdrops)?

This occurs regardless of renderer, even Madvr refresh rate change option disabled and

also with EMBY Theater's option unchecked. I do not want Video Backdrops to change refresh rate only movie.

EMBY's log doesn't reveal anything but I am attaching it anyway.

Please advise...

theater-63617906483.txt

No I can't. It's not happening according to that log. The only thing I can think of is if madvr might be doing it even though you've unchecked the option. or perhaps something at the graphics card level.

@@Luke

I've even tested by uninstalling madvr... Still occurs.

It's got to be something within the default renderer because if played outside of emby theater, there is no refresh change. One thing I will note is that within emby, windowed mode refresh changes back. It behaves like madvr but it's not the active renderer. This switching of backdrop videos causes a delay and blanked screen before seeing the video which is undesirable. The Nvidia driver has no auto refresh option. Also I will note that on an identical system with identical resolution and refresh capabilities, the issue does NOT occur. I've checked logs on both and there are no differences, at least not from the point the movie is selected. Any more ideas to investigate? Anyone have suggestions... Running Windows 10 on a GTX 1080 with a Panasonic Display with 24p, 50p, and 60p capabilities.

The app embeds it's own copy of madvr, so the fact that you've uninstalled another copy shouldn't have any impact. Are normal videos also changing refresh rate?

Here's the thing, movies behave correctly. If I uncheck refresh in emby, movies or trailers for that matter do not change, if I check refresh, movies do change. It's only movie theme videos.