Resume doesn´t work anymore

b0mb

Hi!

I´m actually using Emby on OMV using the Emby Plugin (latest Emby Build is running) combined with latest libreelec beta build.

The last days i´ve did some switching from omv to rockstor for testing so that i´ve sometimes used the emby docker container with rockstor but i´ve decided to return back to OMV because of different things.

Now i´ve recognized that resume doesn´t work for me anymore. It deosn´t work using Kodi and it also doesn´t work using the web app or the android app. I am not sure where to look and it might be an ACL setting problem caused by OMV.

Usually when a user is watching something and i go into Emby backend i see the user logged in and can see that he is watching.

Series or Filmname, watched minutes / complete minutes and as i remember there was also a blue progress bar.

Now i can only see the watched minutes and nothing more.

Do you have any idea?

Thx in advance!

b0mb

Edited by b0mb

Hi there @@b0mb, can you please describe "resume doesn't work" in a little more detail please? What exactly are you trying to do and what exactly happens? Let's use the web app for an example. Thanks !

@@Luke

Usually i can stop a movie or whatever during playpack an i can later resume at the point where i stopped.

Now when a movie is marked as unseen it changes to seen immediately - no chance to resume.

Does the video have a runtime listed on the detail screen?

As i´ve written you see only the time played. Not the complete time of the stream and also no progress bar....

edit:

Please find the logfile of this evening attached. ;)

emby.log

Edited by b0mb

Try refreshing the video from the detail screen using the dot menu -> refresh. See if that fills in more metadata. Then try to play it again. Thanks.

Actually the issue is you have a really ancient version of ffmpeg on your system. So before you try refreshing, first download ffmpeg here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Resources/tree/master/ffmpeg/linux

Unzip it to a folder, mark the ffmpeg and ffprobe files as executable, then configure it in the Emby Server dashboard under Transcoding.

I've had some trouble with ffmpeg during installation because I use some of my data hdds for emby data instead of my system partition. But after installing the latest ffmpeg using apt-get emby was working well with the system wide installation of ffmpeg except that resume problem.

So I've just did what you wrote and hast the same problem again that I've had during first run of emby. I choose the folder where I've placed ffmpeg and ffprobe and when i try to save the settings emby says that ffmpeg and ffprobe can't be found.

I think this problem is solvable but tomorrow...no more time today. ;-)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

Probably because you didn't mark it as executable which means emby does not have permission to run it.

Nah! I've marked both files as executable...

That's what making it interesting solving this problem... Hehe

Edit:

Seemed to be some symlink problem.

After restarting the system and trying playback via Android app everything seems to be fine...

Thx for helping [emoji6]

Edited by b0mb