Media browser 3 showing "no items" in one folder and missing folder images on clients

proost

Hello all-

First off, thank you for the fantastic software. I have used the previous versions(I thought MB2 worked great) for years and just made the switch to MB3.

Now, I have two issues I cannot resolve:

1. all of the movies in one entire folder(collection) does not show up on my client htpcs. It shows up on the machine with server installled. It says "no items" when I select it. I need to getthis fixed ASAP as it the kids stuf.

2. The folder images do not show up on the clients, but do on the server machine. I used xeners fanart as i did before.

All in all it looks nice and theater sounds interesting, but I really liked MB2.

Thank you in advance!

Matt

Did you define your library using UNC paths as suggested?  Do the other machines have direct access to these locations?

We are going to need more information though.  Screen shots, logs, etc.

Thanks for the response, Thank you for your help. Here is what I can tell you in response at the moment.

- UNC paths: no I did not define them with UNC paths. The machine that has MB3 server installed has the physical drives containing the libraries. In addition on the client htpcs, these are mapped drives on each client. I am not sure what you mean by direct access? Do you mean the client machines or the server?

Here is some information about my setup:

**All machines running Win7MC with MB3Classic clients.

Machine 1: MB3 Server with MBClassic client with all libraries stored on this machine.-- Everything works great!

Machine 2&3 : MB3 Classic client only - library folders are mapped drives on this machine. Content of 2 of 3 libraries appear and function perfectly, library cover art does not show up on any folder. Both machines same issue.

What screenshots do you need? Of each machines issue?

I will work on the log shortly.

Windows is notorious for dropping connections to mapped drives.  Don't try to use them.  Use UNC paths and I'm pretty sure everything will start working much better.

Ok, I changed the libraries to UNC paths, nothing changed. I am not sure why it would matter since the machine with MB3 server installed has the libraries located on it so I am not sure why it woudl need a network path.

From which machine to I need to post the log? Server or the two clients?

Edited by proost

MBC does not go through the server to get to your media.  It accesses it directly.  If you say everything works as it should via MBC on the same machine the server is on but not on the other machines I'm sure it is related to access or permissions on these files.

Please post a MBC log from a session when you have problems and screen shots of what the problems are.  Thx.