Movies won't stream to Chromecast

Bert
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I recently started including just the DTS-HD track on my rips so that I get HD Audio on devices that support it (WMC). These play fine on the WMC and Theater and Android but won't stream to Chromecast either from computer or Android. The audio sometimes plays with black screen. Is this something Emby should handle or am I missing something in my encoding? 

Logs attached.  Just wasn't at my computer and thought maybe it was an obvious error possibly.  Cleared logs, tried playing Find Dory.  Audio played for a second and then black screen and nothing.  There is an export of the mediainfo in the link too.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao2HmJdFTqZehY1qhxTwbqAJUHQEww

I tried a few times after this and still failed.  I looked to see and Emby reports it as Direct Streaming and the progress bar takes off like a bunny but the movie stops playing.

• Solution

You can try dropping the chromecast bitrate in app settings to force this video to transcode. Is is stream copying the original video, but given that it has 6 ref frames at 1080p, we probably should not be doing that. I'll have to adjust it to transcode in this situation.

• Like 1