Video Game Metadata Disappeared/Uneditable

gochiefs88842
Go to solution Solved by crazybbs,

gochiefs88842

It's been awhile since I've tried to update the metadata in the games portion of my library, at least a few months.  I finally was going to manually pair some gamesdb.net external IDs for newly-added titles today, at which point I noticed that now for all the games in my library, only the posters for the games are visible from the parent/game system folder in the server. Upon accessing any specific game folder (e.g., Video Games-->NES-->Super Mario Bros.), the metadata contents are no longer visible, no poster or background images appear and the folder shows no editing ability (see Images 1 and 2).  And yes, those files exist in Windows Explorer (see Image 3) and no server setting changes were made by myself beyond automatic server updates.  

When I try to edit any specific game's info by hovering over the specific game in the parent/game system folder of the server, the edit box does appear and allows me to click "edit info," but again no metadata appears in the dialogue boxes and notably, there are no longer any associated external IDs via the gamesdb.net (see Image 4), nor can they actually be edited.

This behavior appears limited to my video games.  Movies, for example, can be added without issue, metadata is visible and editable through parent or specific folders.  Let me know if you need logs and thanks in advance for any help.

NOTE: Not sure why the images appear out of order, so note the thumb title

post-4652-0-87025900-1482285678_thumb.png

post-4652-0-80351400-1482285695_thumb.png

post-4652-0-40246500-1482285716_thumb.png

post-4652-0-33577500-1482285732_thumb.png

Edited by gochiefs88842

• Solution
crazybbs

same problem i cant play any games the list and the covers image are there but i get a black screen if i try to enter an item

edit: i found that server update uninstalled gamebrowser , i reinstalled it and it's now working

Edited by crazybbs
  • Like 1

Ah I see - I think what happened is when the server updated, the old GameBrowser plugin failed to load and therefore could not update to the new version that is compatible with the new server. Thanks for the info guys.