Playback issue since 3.1.0.0 update

millsii

Hi,

I have been having a playback issue across both videos and live TV since the recent update to 3.1.0.0

I noticed that videos would not start playing on Chrome browser. They appear to start in that the player loads up, but then the screen remains blank. However, a transcoding log file is created and seems to look fine to my untrained eye? I have attached a copy of the latest occurence along with the server log file.

If I change any setting on the server, the streaming then resumes working. Stop the stream, wait a few more minutes and then the issue returns. Change a setting again, and once again streaming works. This occurs on multiple computers on different accounts.

Interesting thing though is that it does not seem to occur on the Android app?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Joe

ffmpeg-transcode-6c41aa3f-1758-4318-817b-2dd389a472bc.txt

server-63617866422.txt

Edited by millsii

Same for me, playing via Chrome, Locally on both OSX and Win 10

added my logs in case it helps.

@@Spotta can you please provide your transcoding log? thanks.

sorry no logs since its not my system, but just wanted to add my parents setup is doing this same thing. live TV works OK in chrome on the desktop PC that is their emby server, but 2 other computers they just get a black screen like it should be playing but it isn't and the dashboard on the server doesn't show its playing anything either. this happened after the latest stable version update.

Does it have something to do with the christmas theme? On 3 separate Chrome browsers across 2 different accounts, turning off the christmas theme, and then restarting the browser to make it go away seems to have done the trick for us.

• Like 1

RanmaCanada

Can confirm I am having the same issue but not with all users.  Some users it is working fine, others, it just sits there and does nothing.  No transcoding log is created for those that have the issue, which is bizarre.

Does it have something to do with the christmas theme? On 3 separate Chrome browsers across 2 different accounts, turning off the christmas theme, and then restarting the browser to make it go away seems to have done the trick for us.

sent this to my parents and they turned off the holiday theme and they are able to play live tv again, thanks!!!!

is this because the snowflakes are preventing you from clicking the play button? someone else reported that when a snowflake is over a button, clicking the button doesn't always work. We will have an update out to address that. Thanks.

is this because the snowflakes are preventing you from clicking the play button? someone else reported that when a snowflake is over a button, clicking the button doesn't always work. We will have an update out to address that. Thanks.

in our case that was not the issue, we could click play and the circle would start spinning and after a few seconds the screen would come up where the show would normally be playing but it was just black with nothing playing.

Hi Luke, ours was the same as bmoses in that we could click the play button, get the spinning circle, then the player would load but remain blank.

Van Gogh

Turning off the holiday theme and restarting the browser worked for me (at least locally) in Chrome.  I'll test remotely today.  Good catch, millsii!