watched status not set using external player

kalle

Hi,

I'm using Kodi with an external player for a long time. Database linked to a centralized MySQL until recently. Than tested Plex a little.

Now my perfect solution is using Emby on my server and the Emby for Kodi add-on on my htpc. All is working really good except one little problem.

When I'm finished watching a movie or a tv show episode, using an external player, the watched status is not set in Kodi and also not set in Emby server.

Using the internal "DVD Player" of Kodi, changing the watched state is working as expected.

Kernel: 4.4

Kodi: 16.0

Emby for Kodi: 2.3.6

Kodi log file attached

Maybe someone have an idea how to solve this problem.

Thanks

kalle

• 3 weeks later...

I've updated server (to 3.1.2.0) and addon (to 2.3.25) but the watched state will again not set using an external player.

So, I take a deeper look to the log files (attached).

I think the important difference, which cause the problem, is this:

DVD-player:

01:23:25 T:140553580238592  NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Percent complete: 0.99921976048 Mark played at: 0.95

External player:

00:57:01 T:140173362849536  NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Percent complete: 0.000832002129925 Mark played at: 0.95

So the Emby for Kodi addon set the watched state correctly but with the next sync to the Emby server it will be set back to unwatched because the server think the 95% of the playback time is not reached.

Where can I add attachments to a reply ???

DVD-player log file:

https://beta.hidrive.com/lnk/qk2ROU2S

external player log file:

https://beta.hidrive.com/lnk/nZWxOHml

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm, that setting of the watched state when using an external player in Kodi is still not working.

I've updated all involved software:

Emby-Server 3.2.1.0

Kodi 17.0 Krypton

Emby-for-Kodi 2.3.46

I think the problem is still the same. Kodi is setting the status to watched but the Emby server set it back to unwatched because of the playback threshold of 95%.

Is there any way to fix this?