Swagger missing in 3.1?

mezz64

I'm running the official emby docker and just updated to the latest 3.1.  Best I can tell the swagger-ui is no longer included?  I'm hoping this was just an oversight as swagger was a great resource for developing with the api.

• Like 2

Yes, with everything internally getting torn apart during this dev period, it got lost in the shuffle. We will be looking to restore it though. Thanks.

kwilcox

Looks like the local swagger API documentation site isn't working. I get "one or more errors occurred" when I try to launch.  Server reboot had no effect.

relevant log data:

InnerException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\EmbyServer\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\swagger-ui\index.html'.

I have no swagger-ui folder under the System folder any more.  I do see it in System-old however.... Is API documentation disabled in this release?  This is a bummer b/c I've been depending on this for screenplay dev work...

• 2 months later...

I ripped out the component that was giving us swagger, so we will have to add our own swagger support from the ground up. so it will take a little time. if what you're doing is really interesting then let us know and perhaps we will bump it up in priority.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

My opinion is not having swagger or a way to get the existing api greatly limits the developing process. Not necessarily for the core team, but everyone else who wants to contribute to your project.

Not having swagger for this long, in my case it's been longer than 2 months, only hurts the project. Even if swagger was not usable or caused errors when testing endpoints, at least knowing what was available in the api provided invaluable information. It's not something you can get from sifting through other people's code or that's easily conveyed in the existing wiki. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

hobointhecorner

Just popping in to say that I've been working on a Powershell toolkit using the REST API for about a year now, and Swagger was so integral to that work that development has almost completely stalled. Without that documentation, any new functionality or bugfixes I've been able to implement have been either through trial and error, or hacky workarounds on my end, as there's no other way I'm aware of to view the queries and respective parameters available to use.  I also work with someone who was implementing Grafana dashboards for Emby using the API, and they've more or less had to shelve their plans until documentation is available again.  It sounds like you are undertaking a rather large dev initiative at the moment, and I absolutely respect that and cannot fault you for prioritizing its completion, but there is definitely a subset of users users that are being negatively impacted by the loss of this documentation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Angelblue05

Cannot wait until this is re-implemented. It's a pain to work without it. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm running the official emby docker and just updated to the latest 3.1.  Best I can tell the swagger-ui is no longer included?  I'm hoping this was just an oversight as swagger was a great resource for developing with the api.

Swagger params are finally back and better then ever:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60520-34127-swagger-params/

Enjoy.