emby connect doesn't see server

spon

Hi guys,

I was out of town for a few days on vacation and upon returning and updating to Server 3.1, I am no longer able to connect to my server via emby connect. I've tried from multiple devices (work computer, iphone, etc) and get the message "No servers are available to connect to". I can verify that the server is up and running. 

Any advice?

EDIT: So it looks like my connect credentials were wiped out in the upgrade, so I re-entered them and then re-sent the link email. Accepted the link and so now the server is showing as available. However, I am getting a Connection Failure message now. 

Edited by spon

roxerroneous

I'm having the same issue.  I have auto updates to the Emby turned on and since it updated a day or so ago, I haven't been able to access through emby connect outside my local network.  I can log in to emby connect and after it prompts me for a user name and password, it shows my server but when I select it, it gives me a connection failure message.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong as it's seeing the server but not connecting.  I didn't see anything in the update that would have changed but maybe I'm missing something.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Happy2Play

What happens if you go through the add server process?  Are you able to connect?

Yea try going through the add server process where you can manually specify the server ip address. Thanks !

roxerroneous

Thanks Happy2Play and Luke.  I tried connecting manually as well and still no luck.  Additionally, isn't the purpose of emby connect is to prevent having to enter the IP address manually?  I'm trying to understand what's going on as it's been working flawlessly for the past year and it's just up and stopped.  Thanks again for the replies.

Does canyouseeme.org report the port as accessible?

If not, then something in the network configuration probably changed that you need to adjust to (like the IP address of the server machine, perhaps).

roxerroneous

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm not sure how it was working before, but I worked through the connectivity guide (set up a static IP for my server and added the port forwarding) and everything seems good now. Out of curiosity, any idea why I didn't need to do that before? It seems weird it would have worked without the port forwarding.

Happy2Play

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm not sure how it was working before, but I worked through the connectivity guide (set up a static IP for my server and added the port forwarding) and everything seems good now. Out of curiosity, any idea why I didn't need to do that before? It seems weird it would have worked without the port forwarding.

If the server changes its local ip then this will always be an issue when the ip changes it breaks port forwarding.  I believe the only way around this is if  your router supports UPNP and it is enabled on router and server.

Enable automatic port mapping
Attempt to automatically map the public port to the local port via UPnP. This may not work with some router models.
Edited by Happy2Play