Upcoming TV shows starts today instead of yesterday

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

I have experienced some issues since yesterday evening, they might be linked to server upgrade to 3.1

1) When I started Kodi (emby for kodi), it requested logging in to the server (it never did that before)

when I selected server, entered user and pass, it asked if I wanted addon or native playback and if I wanted to sync music

it then began scanning the whole library

I was a little worried about that but after about 2.5 hours, I had a message about successful initial scan

2) When I go in Emby media-tv-upcoming, I do not see yesterday's shows; it starts at Monday

Fortunately, I could fallback on Kodi plugin "tv show next aired"; this plugin has an optional setting "include yesterday in the today-style TV guide"

If Emby has a similar setting, I don't know where to find it

I'm also wondering if it'll do the same thing tomorrow or else if it will resume behaving like before

3) while trying to fix #2, I went into emby for kodi settings and found what is an important setting for me that was changed, Sync empty tv shows was de-selected. I do want this feature selected, That's how I find a new tv episode has aired in the case where I delete them as soon as they're watched

CharleyVarrick

I noticed in the notification it requested emby to be restarted, after doing so, yesterday's tv show reappeared in upcoming :)

Happy2Play

I have the same problem with today's update to 3.1.1.  Tried restarting, but yesterday is now missing from the upcoming tab.

I don't see a issue with Yesterday, but there was a server side change and if you don't have the episodes that would appear there you have to enable "Display missing episodes within seasons" in each TV library.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

I made it so that you don't have to do that anymore. His episodes might have just missed the 24 hour threshold. I can try increasing it.

• Like 1

I don't see a issue with Yesterday, but there was a server side change and if you don't have the episodes that would appear there you have to enable "Display missing episodes within seasons" in each TV library.

spot on! did the ticky box, re scan library and there it is!  I had this feature enabled some builds back.  Didn't realize that it wasn't functioning.  Thanks for your help guys. :D

CharleyVarrick

Reading the above, I installed 3.1.1 and Trakt update, had to restart 4 or 5 times to get rid of the "please restart' blue box, but all is well, yesterday shows are there.