Upgrade to 3.1 confusing

Master of Tragedy

Master of Tragedy

I previously had the qffmpeg-version of 3.0.8500 installed.

The upgrade to 3.1 involved a few steps now. First I tried the update as usual by just uploading the new 3.1. It required to install QMono first. There was also an optional requirement for ffmpeg static and since I had installed qffmpeg before I thought it was a good idea to do that too.

So, first installing qmono then ffmpeg static and then emby 3.1 seemed to work.

But emby still had the path to qffmpeg which had to be changed manually. I had to ssh in and check the path for the new ffmpeg static.

Is this the way it is supposed to be done?

It seems to work but I noticed a much longer start time for video playback now (abouit 45 to 60 seconds) and since you wrote that 3.1 gives us much faster start times I'm wondering if I should have done something different?

Maybe skip the additional ffmpeg static package and use the enclosed one?

It's always a bit hard to figure out what to do exactly for qnap as the thread in the QNAP-forum just links the packages without any comments or instructions.

Edited by Master of Tragedy

Hi @@Master of Tragedy

The plan from QNAP is ultimately to deprecate having three choices of Emby packages and instead just have one single package.  I apologize if this is causing any temporary confusion during the transition period. If you're experiencing a playback issue the best thing to do is provide the Emby Server and transcoding logs. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

Master of Tragedy

Ok, I have uninstalled qffmpeg now and the ffmpeg static package too and reset the path to the default.

It seems to be a bit better now and it even starts pretty fast after a couple of seconds.

I noticed that subtitles sometimes needs the subtitles to be switched back to off and on again before they are shown though.

And Live-TV through the DVBLInk-Plugin doesn't work at all now. It just loads forever and nothing happens.

Edited by Master of Tragedy

Master of Tragedy

Solved the Live-TV issue! It seemed somehow the update changed the static IP to localhost in the DVBLink-Plugin configuration.

So in the server log he threw an error that localhost is unknown to him. I changed this to the correct IP and now it works.

Maybe it would be a good thing for future versions to give the user some kind of error feedback instead of showing the wait rotation forever.

I mean according to the log he knew something failed so he's already out of work but still shows that he's kind of preparing the live tv streaming in the front end.

Well what's what it's supposed to do and that's one of the reasons I requested the server log. thanks for the update.