Auto update failed - running standalone server

NemesisZeRo

NemesisZeRo

Hi

Of course the update failed at my server.

As far as I can see the issue ( and reading the logs)

It failed because the server is still running and it can't make a backup on an running program.

http://Dropbox.gr1.se/au.log

So now it's stuck in a loop, it asks me to restart the server, I do, and after that I get a new message that tells me I have a new update, and need to restart the server, and I do. After that I get a new message that tells me that I need to restart the server because there is a new update.

I'm wondering if there is anything to do with that I'm running standalone server.

Edited by NemesisZeRo

NemesisZeRo

Is it not possible to only extract the zip file and copy the new system directory over the old one?

Edited by NemesisZeRo

Heckler

Thought I'd update the server before xmas to 3.1... wish I hadn't bothered.

It allegedly appears to update... then tells you to restart the server... But when you do so... it FAILS to restart at all. Simply shuts down and never comes back up.  I left it for a while in case it was doing something in the background (it wasn't) and came back to it an hour later... Still hadn't restarted.

When you manually start the server yourself... it tells you it's still 3.0.8500 and by the way... there's an update available for it.

I've run this now 4 times until I said f*ck it.

Not the first time this has happened either. I had to reinstall from scratch a few versions ago because of this exact same issue and i'll be f*cked if I'm doing it again.

Heckler

Having the same issue here... and not for the first time either... f*cked everything up a few versions ago forcing me to do a fresh install of the latest version... I'm not doing that again after yet another repeat of this endless update loop FUBAR

NemesisZeRo

Try just installing the new release on top of your existing version.

I downloaded the latest standalone package, but the mediabrowser.serverapplication.exe isn't signed?

Happy2Play

I get this often but it is random.  So I just disable "Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates" and shutdown server and manually extract the update in update folder. I watch the taskmanager for when the process dies then make the update.

Is it not possible to only extract the zip file and copy the new system directory over the old one?I

I would rename or delete the previous one, never copy over it.

NemesisZeRo

I get this often but it is random. So I just disable "Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates" and shutdown server and manually extract the update in update folder. I watch the taskmanager for when the process dies then make the update.

I would rename or delete the previous one, never copy over it.

The only problem with this is that I store the metadata in the same directory,..

I think with the new release this won't happen anymore. But you will need a new release after that in order to actually verify.

Happy2Play

The system folder is a subfolder, it needs placed in a parent folder and metadata is stored in a separate folder (ie Portable/system Portable/metadata).

NemesisZeRo

It seems to work, I actually just downloaded the new standalone version and copied it over the old one.. time will tell if it worked or not

Skickat från min SM-J500FN via Tapatalk